Running shoes...What do u wear?

Options
I need opinions specifically on Nike Plus types.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    have you been observed on a treadmill? that will give you a good idea of what type of shoes you will need.

i'm a neutral runner so my next set of shoes will be brooks pureconnect
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Rykas after my Reeboks blew out lol. They are designed for women specifically and are the most lite and comfortable running shows I have ever owned.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I run my marathon long training runs in Nike Pegasus and my shorter runs in a Saucony Kirvana.

I have used the Nike Free before and loved them as well. I just like variety and constantly trying different brands and types to find what may someday be "perfect"
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend SWEARS by those freak-toe Vibram shoes. He's like the laughing stock of the gym!! I have these Nike's that have an elastic band around the top of the foot for support - I love them. Will have to double check the style (they're in my car) but I can message you with them tomorrow or something. I bought them in KOHLS!! Don't need to get fancy! They're very supportive and great for running :)
  • thekid2169
    thekid2169 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nailrep,

The best advice is to go to a running store they will measure your pressure points in your feet and put you on a treadmill to analyze your stride. I have had them all Nike, Asics, New Balance even though these are all considered great shoes I still developed issues with my feet. I got fitted for running shoes that would truly support my feet they are Saucony Guide 5s a great light weight running shoe. The process and shoes will be a little more of an investment, but well worth it!

Good Luck!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I wear asics, I have worn mizuno in the past, but wasn't as happy with the fit. My running shoes are beat up now, I need to update. :)
  • Piccachu
    Piccachu Posts: 22
    Options
    Not sure where you are located, but your best bet is to go to any Running Room and have an assessment done. Years ago I had an assessment done by my chiropractor and both assessments concluded pretty similar results. I've worn the same model shoe from New Balance for the last 12 years. I've run several marathons, half marathons and do all the in between distances with no issues.

If I could pick a shoe based solely on aesthetics I'd be a Nike shopper all the way! I love their colours!!!! New Balance is getting better... but not as kick *kitten* as Nike.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ops. I am deleting my post because I responded to the question in the topic. After I posted it, I noticed that you asked about specific one brand.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are located, but your best bet is to go to any Running Room and have an assessment done. Years ago I had an assessment done by my chiropractor and both assessments concluded pretty similiar results. I've worn the same model shoe from New Balance for the last 12 years. I've run several marathons, half marathons and do all the in between distances with no issues.

If I could pick a shoe based solely on asthetics I'd be a Nike shopper all the way! I love their colours!!!! New Balance is getting better... but not as kick *kitten* as Nike.

This^

I like Running Room because they'll allow you to return new shoes as long as they haven't been worn outside. A long indoor run is a very helpful test.

If you don't have a Running Room on your area, ask some of your gym friends for recommendations. Ask the staff for advice, and they'll help you choose shoes that works best for your feet.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I have every running shoe known to man. I buy a new pair every week. I work in running shoes (nurse) and I work out in them... so it's definitely worth my weekly splurges

I've bought running shoes just for the style and color of them. Thank God Asics come in some awesome colors because they are the comfiest to date!
    Saucony a close second!
    Nikes... Nike Frees are my least favorite. They're comfy to everyone else but me...
    I just bought a new pair of Nike Frees 4.0 yesterday and it is my first night wearing them to work (bad idea) I'll keep them for weight training... not much support.

Asics FTW!:smile:
  • cwjuergens
    Options
    I agree with thekid's post. Go to a reputable running shoe and get outfitted for a running shoe. I tried on 8 pairs of shoes without looking at the price tag and liked the Mizuno Wave Creation 13 best. I haven't had any problems with the shoes (or with my legs/feet) since running in them. If there is one closeby, go to the Nike Store since you're interested in those types of shoes and may have someone who can help you out. Here's the website for you to copy and paste in the address bar: http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/sl/store-locator?rh=true Then type in your zip code. Good luck.
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    You should definitely go to a running store and get fitted for a shoe. I use to get shin splints when I ran and after getting fitted, I haven't had any problems at all. Also, the shoes at a running store are not more expensive but should be "fresher" meaning they don't sit on a shelf for months where they can lose their shock absorption
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Running store. I love Saucony running shoes.
  • xachooo
    xachooo Posts: 42
    Options
    Mizuno wave rider 15. only downside is the crazy bright gold color. bought half size up and love them. use them on road and trail.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I want to stick with the Nike because of the chip I have for their shoe. I tried the FRee - HATE them. I also bought the Zoom Structure. My first pair was almost perfect. But they are worn out, so I tried a second pair of the same and they are HORRIBLE for me.

I am now wearing the AirMax (which gets awesome reviews) and I'm not 100% sold. Give them about a 7 on a 1 to 10.

I know I should go to a running store. Think I will figure out where one is. THANKS!!!!!! :)
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    nike isn't my thing wore them for years but have shin spilts bad so i wear misuno wave runner prophecy, i love them
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have Saucony Omni 10s. LOVE them! But really, everyone is very individual. I say get observed at a running shop.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I want to stick with the Nike because of the chip I have for their shoe. I tried the FRee - HATE them. I also bought the Zoom Structure. My first pair was almost perfect. But they are worn out, so I tried a second pair of the same and they are HORRIBLE for me.

I am now wearing the AirMax (which gets awesome reviews) and I'm not 100% sold. Give them about a 7 on a 1 to 10.

I know I should go to a running store. Think I will figure out where one is. THANKS!!!!!! :)

Just try them on and see how they feel, you dont have to get Nike+ shoes to use the sensor. You can buy shoe lace attachments made for the Nike+ sensor and many articles are online on how to make your own.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm using Asics right now that were like $100. Previously, I was using some generic $20 running shoes from Target, and I actually liked those better, oddly enough. :/
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I use Vibram Five Finger Bilika. Best shoes I have ever worn! No needs to determine support and walking patterns because it focuses on the natural movement of your foot.