men looking for motivation, My Husband (-160 pounds)

Options
302rnnc.jpg

In January of 2010 My husband weighed a staggering 430+ pounds (430 was the only official weight we got from the doctors office. He got bigger after the appointment due to the fact they had to weigh him on a special scale). He was so large the Wii fit video game wouldn't allow him to play, with that terrible message on the screen saying the board cannot hold more than 350 pounds. He was a football player in high school and graduated high school (2008) still eating like one. It took two years for the weight to slowly creep on. His diet was big but he didn't exercise at all. He became to a point where he hated life. He wore a 5x top and size 56 jeans, and they were tight. I had to sit down and explain to him that not only is he miserable and angry at his life all the time, but our sex life had also become a struggle. I can now say that man weighed in at 270 this morning with the biggest smile on his face. He got really serious around Feb 2010 and like many has had some slips (gain 30, just to lose it again) but now he is in a routine of running, weight lifting at the gym, and going to hour long cardio classes like Zumba and cycling. His goal is to be 250.

The biggest nsv for him was we were in Target last month buying him jeans. I gave him a few sizes and after a bit heard him crying in the dressing room. I rushed over to the side and asked him if he was ok. He came out and the only thing he said to me is "kayla, These are 38's". He was so overwhelmed that he fit into them, his reaction will touch my heart forever. If you need inspiration, hes the one to look at. He lost his weight with a healthy diet and exercise, or how we call it, the Old fashion way!

Edit: another pic
33ttocn.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!