Intense Chocolate Cravings!

Options
2»

Replies

• free2live72003
    Options
    I have that craving every month before my menstrual cycle--for me almost nothing satisfies it but chocolate.

If I try eating other things I usually eat more calories as I don't stop until the craving is satisfied.

So, I just roll with it, I choose sugar-free chocolates and when I can, I figure it into my macros, and exercise more.

Occasionally, I just blow my diet for that moment and pick up and do better afterwards.

A few days later, I am completely fine again until the next month.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Sometimes... if a craving is consistent like this... it's okay to just give in a little. Get a bar of dark chocolate, have half, or maybe just a quarter. Or even just a couple of squares. Dark chocolate satisfies the craving better, milk chocolate I find will usually just make you want more. It's okay to give in sometimes, we still have to live our lives. If the craving just keeps continuing and you can't seem to get rid of it -- my doctor put me on chromium picolinate because of my sweet tooth, and I find it actually works. I take at night, right after dinner or right before, when my sweet tooth is generally at its worst. Ask your doctor first but you can buy it over the counter, and pretty much anyone can take it... unless you're pregnant, trying to concieve, or breast feeding.
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    If you're looking for the natural part of what you're craving, chocolate contains traces of several basic vitamins, including vitamins C, A, E and D. Chocolate also contains the minerals iron, phosphorus and copper. Chocolate made with milk contains high-quality protein, potassium, magnesium and calcium.

Which of these have you been severely lacking the past few days leading up to your craving starting?
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate most days, but not just any chocolate. I can't have dairy, so milk is out, but I don't like it anyway. I eat high quality high cacao dark chocolate. I also keep a bag of organic (doesn't have to be, just my preference) cacao powder handy and put it in smoothies, oatmeal, coffee, pretty much anything, be creative. Just this morning for breakfast I had plain oatmeal with cacao powder, banana, (coconut) milk and some almond butter (could use peanut) and it tasted like Reese's Peanut butter cup oatmeal. Chocolate can be healthy, just use quality stuff and enjoy. Maybe see this blog for ideas: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

...also, there are a lot of suggestions here for "sugar-free" snack (junk) foods, I'd skip that and just go for the real thing. Chemical sweeteners are just that, chemicals...bleh!
  • kgeer31
    kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate most days, but not just any chocolate. I can't have dairy, so milk is out, but I don't like it anyway. I eat high quality high cacao dark chocolate. I also keep a bag of organic (doesn't have to be, just my preference) cacao powder handy and put it in smoothies, oatmeal, coffee, pretty much anything, be creative. Just this morning for breakfast I had plain oatmeal with cacao powder, banana, (coconut) milk and some almond butter (could use peanut) and it tasted like Reese's Peanut butter cup oatmeal. Chocolate can be healthy, just use quality stuff and enjoy. Maybe see this blog for ideas: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

...also, there are a lot of suggestions here for "sugar-free" snack (junk) foods, I'd skip that and just go for the real thing. Chemical sweeteners are just that, chemicals...bleh!

THIS IS THE BEST BLOG EVER!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!
  • BUMP! I am having the worst cravings for it now
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate is only about 30 calories and satisfies my cravings.