Wish me luck!!

Options
Hi All

So today is day 1..........

I have a long way to go but I'm determined to get the weigh off. I have tried various things in the past but always seem to end up back where I am now.

So wish me luck and hopefully we can all be sucessful from this :)

Alison x

Replies

• Roseanna1017
    Roseanna1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good Luck :) Feel fee to add me..
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me as well
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want. Stay focused and don't dwell on the "long way to go" or you will get frustrated. Make little goals for yourself. Like run a little faster each week, or extra weights, longer times for work outs. Things like that will really help. Good Luck!
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You took a big step by joining MFP but my advice is to participate on MFP - not just sit back and be an observer. You'll get more out of it and the support is amazing! Happy Day 1!!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just keep at it. There are days when I just want to quit but I don't let myself. Even if it feels like I'm so far "off track" with calories and exercise and all, I just give it my best and what I'm finding is that my best, in this case, is good enough! I'm certainly not perfect (nobody is) but if I can do it, you can do it. Now do it!
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    Good luck! Day 20 for me... one day at a time, and in the words of Dori in "Finding Nemo," just keep swimming!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

Just a word of advice... I think it's important to think of the changes your making as ongoing, so that even if you eat awfully (or don't exercise) on a given day or week, you're able to look at it as just a day or week in the bigger picture of your life, rather having feeling like you've altogether failed at your attempts to make positive changes. *bit of a run-on sentence* When bad days are put into context of the bigger picture (the rest of your life) then I find it easier to make moves (no matter how small) back in the right direction. It's no longer an all or nothing situation.

Seems I'm in a bit of a rambling mood... hope I'm making sense to all those without a front row seat to my brain ;)
  • Alicat_1980
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I'm feeling very positive at the moment and I think the motivation has come from my Uncle who has lost over 12 stone in the last year! He joined slimming world after reaching a weight of 25 stone 7 pounds!!

I decided that this is the best route for me. I eat reasonable healthy and exercise as often as I can but I just feel like I need that little extra support which already I can see I will get here!

Thanks again :smile: