Low cal recipies with bananas?

Options
I have bananas that are perfect for banana bread, muffins, cookies, etc. So instead of throwing them away, I thought I'd ask you guys for good banana recipies :)

Replies

• findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com they may have some tasty, low cal recipes.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I alway forget about that site lol. Thanks!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Easiest recipe EVER!

Take the bananas and Freeze them.

Take them out of the freezer and smash them.

They will taste exactly like banana ice cream. I'm not kidding. I got this from a sugar free cooking book. :)

Monica
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I will definitely try that!! Oh yummm!!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It's really good! I was actually surprised the first time I tried it. Oh, it's easier if you dice up the bananas (don't leave them in HUGE chunks). I would cut them up and put them in a plastic bag. That's easier for the smashing part. :)
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I will keep that in mind lol. Thanks!!!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    banana waffles.... 3/4 banana, vanilla, cinammon, whole wheat waffle mix..... usually around 150-200 a waffle depending on he mix

banana walnut oatmeal

pb, banana and chocolate shake (use chocolate protein powde
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Yum, thanks :)
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You could make pancakes out of them. Try mixing in a banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal dry, and a couple of egg whites. You can add cinnamon or vanilla too if you want. It's actually quite good.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Omg I am making that in the morning!!! Thanks Mandy :)
  • bebeelynn
    Options
    Peanut butter banana ice cream. I used Natural Peanut Butter (Omega 3 w/flax seed) and one frozen banana. So effin yummy!

http://userealbutter.com/2010/08/12/single-ingredient-ice-cream-recipe/
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Now I'm getting hungry lol! :P
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Easiest recipe EVER!

Take the bananas and Freeze them.

Take them out of the freezer and smash them.

They will taste exactly like banana ice cream. I'm not kidding. I got this from a sugar free cooking book. :)

Monica

Do this, add 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup crushed ice, frozen banana & 1/2 tspn xanthum gum in blender. May need some water or milk too. About 200 cals for about 500-750ml of ice cream :smile:
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I had super ripe perfect bananas the other week and said screw healthy, I want YUM and made some good ole fatty Martha Stewart Banana Walnut bread. Kudos for you keeping it healthy :)
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to mash up the bananas and mix it with chocolate syrup. Then i put the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze it. Tasty and i get my chocolate fix.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Ill try that too!
  • MandyAnnV
    MandyAnnV Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You could make pancakes out of them. Try mixing in a banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal dry, and a couple of egg whites. You can add cinnamon or vanilla too if you want. It's actually quite good.

I should have said mix them in a blender . . .I swear I am losing my mind, lol. It gives much more of the effect of actual pancakes if you do it that way :)
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Easiest and fastest cookies ever: Mash the banana and mix in rolled oats until the mixture is sticky enough that you can make individual cakes out of it that won't dissolve on the baking sheet. Add or don't add sweetener and extras of choice (like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, dried berries) and bake the cookies at 360° for about 20 minutes or until they look hard and golden. :)
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My personal favourite: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=606713
    I make mini ones and substitute the eggs for more apple sauce.