Calorie Range,..

Options
Hello, I haven't been on in a week, but I'm back today ^_^
anyways, I find that eating only 1300 calories a day is rediculously hard,... and I get really easily discouraged when I go over :ohwell: does anyone else have this problem? I really would like to lose 2 lbs a week, (which is why my calorie intake in a little over 1300) anyways, does anyone know what foods I can have that will fill me up but still keep me within my calorie range?
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• purplecait12
    Options
    Hi! I find that the quaker Quakes mini rice cakes are good, as well as apples. Both very low cal! I am also on the 1300 a week plan as well, and yes it is a challenge. At night I have those 60 calorie jello pudding cups or 4 cups of light butter popcorn to try to stay within the limit.
  • shagybear33
    Options
    High fibre and higher protein foods work for me. I am currently around the 1300 cal range too and I find that these foods really help. Also, I've found that having mini-meals (around 200-300 cals per meal) really help to keep me from getting hungry. For example I just had a snack which consisted of some brocolli, raw mushrooms and a banana. Believe it or not, but I feel really full from it. :D

Hope this helps!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is a lot to do at a time. What I hear a lot of people who are very successful say is that you didn't gain all the weight just like that so you need to take your time to loose it. What about a 1.5 lbs a week? That might give you a more realistic calorie goal for you.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1340 for calories. but i just started do it, I will friend you and you can look at my food diary to get meal ideas. Are you exercising at all because you get extra calories that way too. I have been having oatmeal for breakfast 160 calories, Joseph;s lavash bread with thin n trim turkey, lettuce, mayo, red peppers 194 calories. I also have a fruit with it. But I'm generally not hunger after eating the roll-up. Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've heard that members should really only try for 2 pounds a week if they need to lose 100 or more.
    I think you should go for losing less. Also, you can "up" your numbers by exercising. That's what got ME exercising! :wink: I needed more food! :laugh:
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    I agree---I can't stand being stuck at 1200 cal, so I haul my butt to the gym to gain an extra 5-800 cal.....it's totally worth it to not feel like I'm starving myself.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think for the first bit I might try to lose 1.5 lbs a week (I only have 39 lbs to lose) does that seem a bit better?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarilly 100 lbs to lose, it's more in relation to your own body. If you have a very high percentage of body fat then you can afford to attempt to lose more weight per week.

In other words, if there are 2 women, both the same age, height and weight with similar frames, but one woman has 26% body fat and one woman has 33% body fat the one with the 33% will be able to attempt more weight loss.

Why? Because they have more available energy to use, this doesn't mean that she will actually lose faster than the other woman though. Many factors besides calorie deficit play a role in how fast you lose weight.

Things such as nutrition, genetics, exercise type, VO2 max, body chemistry, stressors, and mental factors all play a role in weight loss.

the deficit you create is merely a guideline, but in general people with more FAT to lose can usually attempt higher calorie deficits because their body can support it. But even then, as your body fat % goes down, and your lean tissue mass goes up, you need to adjust your deficit to reflect this. This is why people with only a few pounds lose weight so slowly.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello, I haven't been on in a week, but I'm back today ^_^
    anyways, I find that eating only 1300 calories a day is rediculously hard,... and I get really easily discouraged when I go over :ohwell: does anyone else have this problem? I really would like to lose 2 lbs a week, (which is why my calorie intake in a little over 1300) anyways, does anyone know what foods I can have that will fill me up but still keep me within my calorie range?
    Thanks! :smile:

How about some high fiber foods. Quaker weight control oatmeal helps me a lot in the mornings. It is very filling even just for one packet. What about can you try eating 1500 calories one day and exercise/burn 200 calories and then maybe the next day do the 1300 calories? If you go over maybe you can work it off to allow yourself more room to eat.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarilly 100 lbs to lose, it's more in relation to your own body. If you have a very high percentage of body fat then you can afford to attempt to lose more weight per week.

In other words, if there are 2 women, both the same age, height and weight with similar frames, but one woman has 26% body fat and one woman has 33% body fat the one with the 33% will be able to attempt more weight loss.

Thanks Banks! I only have 20 lbs or so to lose, but I have a higher body fat % so that makes me feel better about losing more than 1 lb per week.

Adele :)

PS - I am from Mass too - work in Boston.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I've been doing a lot better today! For breakfast I had 1 cup of multigrain cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk. ^_^
    For snacks that I brang to work (I only work 1.5 hrs :( ) anyways, I ate 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of baby carrots and 1/2 cup of blueberries! Right now I'm drinking a green tea, and I think I'll have some more fruit or veggies for a snack later :happy:
    I don't know what's for dinner yet as my mom makes it but I think maybe if I help her make something healthy (she always asks for help anyways lol)