Insanity Month Two-Calories burned?

Options
Hi everyone-

I know I posted last month about the Insanity workout and the calories burned.

I read during the first month that most people only burn roughly 300-400 on the first set of videos, and when you progress into the second month videos, it should be around 400-600.

Im using a Bodymedia Armband, so I assume the calorie's burned that it tells me are...accurate?
Im only seeing around 400 burned (even for Max Plyo!). I guess I was hoping for somewhere around 500.

Just curious if anyone else gets this calorie burn (whether its from an armband or an HRM or some sort of measuring device).

Im not that disappointed with the burn, because I know more is happening than just "calories burned" (ie: muscles are getting stronger, cardiovascular health is improving ten fold, etc)

What burn do you Insanity month 2 users get from your devices?

Replies

• Jenniferrose194
    Jenniferrose194 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did Max plyo today and my HRM said 512 calories burned.
  • Jass_mal
    Jass_mal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and for MIC I'll burn in the 350's, for MIP I'll burn in the low 400's and for MIC I'll be in the 450's and it's my second round of insanity. I also thought I was going to burn much higher but I was told that the more fit you get, the lower the burn. So be happy cuz your getting super fit!!
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well, your burn will depend on your stats, but also on how much you "bring it" to the workout. I rarely take breaks during any of the Insanity workouts and keep up with the video mostly well, and for month 2, burned about 460 for Max Cardio Conditioning, 600 for Max Interval Circuit, and 530 for Max Interval Plyo. Those numbers did slide back a little as I got more fit.
  • abolte23
    abolte23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 120 pounds and in pretty good shape so I rarely took breaks and I only burned between 300 and 400 calories for the second month. I was expecting more too but I figure my hrm is pretty accurate
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 120 pounds and in pretty good shape so I rarely took breaks and I only burned between 300 and 400 calories for the second month. I was expecting more too but I figure my hrm is pretty accurate
    So you're probably already very fit! I wouldn't get too caught up in the burn... just keep making healthy choices.
  • dkhosa1
    dkhosa1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 6 feet and weigh 210 lbs. Doing month 2 workouts I burned ~1050 calories/workout.