Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfectly fine to me
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2-3 egg whites and some homemade quick oats made with Almond milk a little sweetener or some fruit with cinnamon. Make breakfast full of protein and make it one of your biggest meals. You will stay full longer :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    spread some peanut butter on those waffles

Exactly. If you want waffles, no need to exclude them. I eat a frozen waffle with one Tbsp of peanut butter and a sliced banana on it at least 2-3 times/week. You can add you apple and peanut butter to the waffle, or plain yogurt and honey. Endless possibilities...
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yogurt with your cereal will up your protein without adding too many calories :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it sounds like a really good breakfast to me.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    i love a veggie omelet
  • astraldream
    astraldream Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    3 Chocolate weetabix and a sliced banana does me until about 1.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is delicious, you just have to know what to add to it! I do plain oatmeal with 1/2 a banana, 1 tbsp. or chopped pecans, 1 scoop or vanilla protein powder, and 1/4 cup of organic silk. Delicious.

Egg whites and an english muffin is good.

Kashi goLean cereal with organic milk, flax seeds, and 1/2 banana.

Plain greek yogurt, with almonds, 1/2 banana, and a little honey is tasty too.
  • Next time one of my kids tells me they don't like something. I'm going to tell them, "put some peanut butter on it!" Ha! I love that! On the breakfast note, I do most of my exercising in the mornings. I find that oatmeal or eggs and toast seem to keep me full the longest. I'm not a great big fan of oatmeal but I do Quaker's fruit and cream oatmeal. Probably not the most ideal but for a few extra calories it works. :)
  • gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the texture of oatmeal just add more water/skim milk. At work I have instant plain oatmeal add some non-dairy creamer and artificial sweetner with plenty of water and drink it down. When at home, I'll have egg beaters w/low fat meat (I like turkey Spam) and a little cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My fav breakfast is an omlette with egg substitute, turkey sausage, reduced fat cheddar cheese with mushroom and onions. Super high in protein and really filling. You get a lot for your calories here.
  • jmsteve45
    Options
    If you really wanted waffles, you can make your own low carb/high protein waffles!! Check out youtube for some great recipes. There's a channel called leanbodyfitness . This guy has tons of great recipes!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I find that pancakes and sausage make an excellent pre-workout breakfast. I don't have time most mornings, but on the weekends, that's for me. Three pancakes, 1/4 cup maple syrup, two sausage links. :love:

That sounds...Amazing...

If you add a bit of butter and wash it down with a cup of milk, it's just over 600 calories, half of which will get burned in my work-out. So I enjoy it guilt free. (Plus it is roughly half the number of calories that I used to eat for a pancake breakfast.)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the texture of oatmeal just add more water/skim milk. At work I have instant plain oatmeal add some non-dairy creamer and artificial sweetner with plenty of water and drink it down. When at home, I'll have egg beaters w/low fat meat (I like turkey Spam) and a little cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.

No, the only way to change the texture is to change the way you cook it. Baked oatmeal FTW :drinker:
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definitely get rid of the cheerios I have to agree with everyone else. Not sure if you like shakes as breakfast but I bought Nature's Bounty protein shake in chocolat (they have vanilla too) and I put it in the blender .1 cup of 1% milk, 2 scoops of the powder and a banana and it keeps me full for a good 3 hours its about 355 cals

Make sure your logging your food so that you can see how the things you eat affect your cal consumption.

If you like waffles, nothing wrong with that keep it to 2, use a little bit of butter to add some flavor and a small amount of syrup. Aunt Jemima Complete buttermilk waffles are pretty good and def filling. But you'll need to add some other macronutrients to round your meal out.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love waffles with Raspberry preseves on top !
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    spread some peanut butter on those waffles

I like the Kashi Whole Grain waffles with a little peanut butter and fresh fruit or some organic strawberry preserves.
  • JSMJSM
    JSMJSM Posts: 8
    Options
    I eat quinoa with some frozen blueberries that I defrost (to make a blueberry sauce that covers the quinoa).