Good bye and good luck to you all

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My husband is a tai chi instructor. HIS master is 87 years old. They both teach classes in tai chi SITTING DOWN.

Great for toning and keeping moving, even when you can't stand.

My father is immobile (he can barely walk with a walker) and they physical therapist still has him doing arm lifts and body twists.

Log your food. Move your upper body to stay trim. And stick in there!

You don't want to turn this setback (so sorry for your injuries) into a new weight gain.

Good luck whatever you decide.
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You CANNOT quit. If you do, you might not ever get back up. I'm a prime example of what not giving up will do. Two years ago I was told I'd enver run again after having torn the cartilage in my hip and having surgery to correct it. Here I am training for my first official 5k (on Sept 29th) and running 5 minutes at a time with small walk breaks in between' and now under 16 minutes for a mile. If at 250lbs I can get back to running, you CAN get back up from this injury. You just HAVE to give yourself time to heal. 95% of weight loss is diet controlled anyway, so focus on that, plus eating right and feeding your body the nutrients it needs will only HELP you heal, and probably a lot faster too.

Find something else you like, walking, swimming, at home videos that are LOW impact (and there are some out there), anything, but DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • dajn44
    dajn44 Posts: 13
    Options
    you should take evyones advice on this point.... dont quit now you need a calorie tracking site more then ever. upper body weights are good and will not affect your knee or hips. there is much you can do to stay in shape and lose weight wkith out hurting or doing any more damage to the knee or hip. set new golas to see what you can achieve without a lot of exercise. Just a view point. good luck in whatever you chose to do.:smile:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Winners never quit and quitters never win.

You now need this site more than ever. Who cares if your knee and hip are bad. You still have an upper body. There are plenty of exercises you can do.

Plus, this place is a wealth of information regarding food and nutrition.

If you don't want to read the forums, then don't read them. Just stay on and keep rolling along. You have lost quite a few pounds. Why would you throw in the towel now?
  • nlionelli
    Options
    I know how it is to feel like there's no point in even trying anymore, but you can't give up. If you think you feel bad now, wait until the depression you'll encounter after you give up on yourself. There's no worse feeling in the world. Don't give up!!! Swimming is a great low-impact exercise you can do to keep up with your fitness goals, and if you've got access to an outdoor pool, you can soak up a lot of sun while you're at it. And swimming is an activity you can do with a group of friends or family, and it's summer, so it's the perfect time of year for it.
  • hannahchipmunk
    Options
    I think you will really regret giving up. In a few months or years you may wish you had stuck with it.
    I am sure that it is very frustrating to have injuries that prevent you from exercising, but if you just track your calories, you have nothing to lose.
  • aplusgeek
    Options
    I don't think this sight is for me any more , I can't exercise as my knee injury condition has now deteriated Further due to a newly diagnosed Right hip bursitis and Saphenous nerve injury to my left knee so I am back to doing nothing for god knows how long. I'm just becoming a bore and have nothing to offer to you all. I am not in a good place no one likes a whinger. I truly wish you all the very best and have every faith in you all that you will achieve your goals. I am finding hard to read what everyone is able to do whilst I can do nothing. I had so much hope this morning of getting my life back on track but this news has left me gutted. See what I mean about whinging :( God bless you all xxx

Never give up. Look up the story of Terry Fox. And he walked all the way across Canada.
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you all so much , I know what you are saying is right and You are very special kind people, and I have enjoyed being part MFP , that's why I just wanted to say goodbye , because you are all special and inspirational .

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: