What is the best exercise to lose this fat?

Options
124»

Replies

• LivvyLinde
    Options
    Well, cardio burns fat. try an elliptical machine.That'll make it it easy on joints while getting a nice workout! and set your calorie goals, and stick to them. That's about it. It's simple, but difficult to do day to day.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The best exercise? Eat real, whole food only (meat, fish, vegetables, maybe some fruit and don't forget lots of healthy fats!) and moderate exercise becomes just a little health bonus.

Some articles regarding chronic cardio.

www.marksdailyapple.com/chronic-cardio/
    www.marksdailyapple.com/case-against-cardio/
    www.marksdailyapple.com/chronic-cardio-2/
    (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/search-results/?cx=004987908667488763946:kd-fp2c7jek&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=chronic+cardio...the search results page)

Mark Sisson was a national class triathlete and marathoner.

"Chronic cardio refers to long steady state training at >75% of max heart rate. Think marathons, training for marathons, triathlons, 60 minutes or more on a treadmill/bike/starmaster at a constant high heart rate. It's stressful, cortisol producing and inflammatory. Done for many years, it seems to led to a higher risk of cardio vascular disease (CVD). Dr. Kurt G. Harris has the best article on this (link below). Note that he runs about 3 miles 3 times per week"...(from PaleoHacks.com)

Great article by Dr. Harris: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/p-nu/201103/cardio-may-cause-heart-disease-part-i
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Without being able to see what you ARE eating it is tough to decide. A couple of things:
    1. fitness is a life style change, not a race. be patient, stick to it and you will see results.
    2. diet is as important, if not more important, than exercise. this doe not mean skip exercise. eat more fruits and vegetables. do your best to move away from processed foods and eat more natural foods.
    3. eat most to all of your exercise calories back. by doing this you are fueling your body properly to replace fat with muscle. when you set up mfp it is already calculating in a deficit so you do not need to limit calories.
    4. take every answer (yes, mine as well) from the folks here with a grain of salt. just because eating extra protein worked for me does not mean it will work for you. we all have different goals and as you begin to get in better shape you will see that you constantly have to adjust those goals.
    5. last - but I think the most important thing - compete ONLY against yourself. do not compete with others as there will always be someone better at something than you. by remembering this you are setting yourself up for success, not failure.
  • 2clessofme
    Options
    Take one day at a time, stay mindful of your food choices and keep excercising. Do not get addicted to your scale. Weigh in once a week. In a short amount of time you will see your rewards!
  • tobd55
    tobd55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can't out work a bad diet.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    well i cut out foods that have high carbs like pasta and bread and potatoes things like that i do at least 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week and a little extra with my wii fit i can lose at least 3-4 pounds a week if i stick to it and dont mess up and i also track ym calories