Dear Americans

Options

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Really??? Unless you are an athlete IN THE OLYMPICS, YOU have nothing to brag about. Just another smear America thread that doesn't belong on this website anyway. Grow up.

THIS ^^
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Really??? Unless you are an athlete IN THE OLYMPICS, YOU have nothing to brag about. Just another smear America thread that doesn't belong on this website anyway. Grow up.

Don't be so sensitive. A bit of friendly banter never hurt anyone.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm an American and I think it's great. I don't care who wins the most gold medals, it's all about the athletes in the end. All this "who won more medals" mumbo jumbo can beat it.

I'm with you. Whatever Lochte brings home or Phelps or anyone else is really not any reflection on me anyway. I celebrate the athletes for what they achieve, but I don't take credit for it.

While we are on the subject of celebrating athletes, how about that guy from South Africa running 100m in 10 seconds! That is something to celebrate and I'm not even from South Africa!

And I just want to add one more thing... a vast majority of Americans share a mutual heritage with the British in the first place so why are we even debating this.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    o beautiful for spacious skies
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You know, I WAS rooting for GB to win any event in which the USA could not. Weak @ss trash talk like the OP makes me want to rethink that.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The only Olympic sports that matter are Hockey and Short Track Speedskating, this thread is 2 years too early (or late).
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we gonna use the good ole war to discuss about olympic sports.

yehhawww

What's the war of northern agression got to do with this?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    geez, we're all having fun here.

now, let's all go out for some bangers and mash!!
  • caladus
    caladus Posts: 1
    Options
    Gold/Silver/Bronze TOTAL

1 China 32 19 14 65
    2 United States 29 15 19 63
    3 Great Britain 19 12 12 43

Population USA: 311,591,917
    Population GB: 62,641,000

Population China: 1,344,130,000
    Population USA: 311,591,917
    Population GB: 62,641,000

A billion more people than the USA, but only 2 more medals.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    You know, I WAS rooting for GB to win any event in which the USA could not. Weak @ss trash talk like the OP makes me want to rethink that.

:sad: We will miss your support!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    You may want to remember that the Yanks helped you win WW2......I know you're young, but England asked the US for help at the same time we were fighting the Japs in the Pacific.......The Germans literally had 80 % of Europe occupied and were invading Africa as well............

You may be speaking German today if it were for the US.............just something to thik about........
    At least if Germany had won we wouldn't have to listen to egotistical American boasting.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    You may want to remember that the Yanks helped you win WW2......I know you're young, but England asked the US for help at the same time we were fighting the Japs in the Pacific.......The Germans literally had 80 % of Europe occupied and were invading Africa as well............

You may be speaking German today if it were for the US.............just something to thik about........
    At least if Germany had won we wouldn't have to listen to egotistical American boasting.

And we'd be more efficient :tongue:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Not an American but gonna play the Devil's advocate.

You wouldn't be speaking English to understand the ego boasting :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

so we're rooting for hitler now??
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options

What sport is he competing in?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

hunger games
  • TheDoctor90
    Options

hunger games

Not since Microsoft took away his Xbox Live.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

hunger games

HAHAHAHA!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Did you forget the First World War, 1914-1918?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm just a Canadian who's going to sit out of this. Hell, one of our runners fell on the track the other day, I couldn't help but laugh.
This discussion has been closed.