Can't get up

Options
13»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    are you using glutamine after your workouts? it will help with recovery and to eliminate soreness.

Really? Link?
  • Esme_32
    Esme_32 Posts: 14
    Options
    This guy has 16 posts. His first post, saying hi and he was new,.got 2 replies. At least they were nice. Your like sharks. Don't bother to welcome him. Just come in and shoot him down. What did he say to deserve all of that? How awful. It won't take but a few minutes to read his few posts and you will see that he has worked hard to get where he is and has been friendly and encouraged others here.

****This
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    complaining on the internet aint going to get you fit.

^^ this was my response too.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, your a big deal huh? But I just don't think, girly, if we we were face to face you would be so dominant. But, play big shot on your key board all you want.

No thanks man, I like finding the inspiring posts, the ones where those of us that have had to face horrible pain and injury bond together and stand up together. I like feeling my heart beat faster when I think about how much my life has changed for the better. I need that camaraderie among victors. I need to know and let others know that no matter how many times you have felt your bones broken, your body twisted, your spirit smeared across the pavement... that you can stand up and scream and make the world hear you- hear you scream that you wont lay down and die.

But if you wanna chill here and defend those that dont have the physical obstacles, just laziness or I dont wannas.... I shall let you reign over their whining world.

You can have it girly, I run with the ones that are amazed that they were given life. Sometimes twice.

:love: :drinker:
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Awww....dangit....

I read "Can't get it up" and thought there was trolling potential....way to ruin it buddy!:grumble:

I'm not alone! haha
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I know that sometimes you can be sore after a tough work out.... especially if you are a girly boy who is not used to the demand of new physical work............... oh ..... you are not a girly boy............... and this stuff ain't new............. or nevermind then........................

GET UP !!!
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Be sure to drink lots of water after and during exercise. If you don't, your muscles will be more sore. The reason is that your muscles will work harder to pull fluid from your fat stores, which will make them more sore. They work hard enough and have enough work to do in repairing themselves. Take it easy on them by giving them what they need. Yes, you will lose weight a bit more quickly if you don't drink the water, but you will not be able to work out he next day.

Here's an idea, maybe you should do a different exercise today like swimming or biking. Good luck.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    stop whining and do what you need to do
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    im sore too :(
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    What you call "mean" and "insults" are really just the truth.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wasn't trying to be mean. I figure if he posted that, he posted it because he wanted to be told to get up and go. We all get the "i don't wannas" sometimes....
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Sorry, this is the wild, not a zoo. The weak arent separated from the strong and the herbivores arent separated from the starving carnivores. You're a member of the dominant land species. The rulers of the world. This isnt a cute little safe zone where everyone is nice and enabling.
    Dominant species.
    Act like it.
    ^^This.
    No thanks man, I like finding the inspiring posts, the ones where those of us that have had to face horrible pain and injury bond together and stand up together. I like feeling my heart beat faster when I think about how much my life has changed for the better. I need that camaraderie among victors. I need to know and let others know that no matter how many times you have felt your bones broken, your body twisted, your spirit smeared across the pavement... that you can stand up and scream and make the world hear you- hear you scream that you wont lay down and die.

But if you wanna chill here and defend those that dont have the physical obstacles, just laziness or I dont wannas.... I shall let you reign over their whining world.

You can have it girly, I run with the ones that are amazed that they were given life. Sometimes twice.

^^This.
    Oh yea, your a big deal huh? But I just don't think, girly, if we we were face to face you would be so dominant. But, play big shot on your key board all you want.

I'm generally above violence but just because you're an old man, it wouldn't stop me from laying the smack down, especially when threatening a woman.

Ummm...Thats a woman...:noway:
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    STAFF NOTE

Lets all remember that we are here to contribute positively to the community. There is no need to insult or attack OP for his post. We will attempt to enforce civil conversation in this thread.

If you have nothing positive or helpful to contribute I suggest you move on to another thread. Nothing the OP has done has warranted as many negative and insulting responses as they have received.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • jsabet
    jsabet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Talk about a riot. Just saw this got responses. I got up, walked dogs, ran and got to work fine. Then I worked out again in the pm ;/
  • jsabet
    jsabet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got a laugh at both sides of the fence on this one. Thank you to those who were being supportive and nice, an thank you to those being supportive and realistic. I appreciate both sides.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Nothing the OP has done has warranted as many negative and insulting responses as they have received.

I think we are hard on OP's who whine, complain and provide excuses (not necessarily this OP) in public forums because we have all heard / used these complaints and excuses at some point in our weight loss. Some of these responses are what we would say to ourselves when we're lying in bed not feeling like we want to get up and run.

I think these kind of posts are just looking to start crap, or are looking for the kind of responses the OP got. If not for actual motivational value, then just for the entertainment value. If they are looking for fuzzy bunnies and pretty rainbows then don't post whiny-excuse-laden crap. :grumble: :bigsmile:
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Apparently giving up junk food has made you all cranky. How pathetic.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Apparently giving up junk food has made you all cranky. How pathetic.

Hmmm...moderation, not abstination. :drinker: