Why is it that I see so MANY amazing...

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah this does come off a little strange.

Joined MFP years ago after I had my son.
    Was approx a size 12/14.

Now a 2/4.

A LOT of working out, moderation on diet. Weights and cardio. Don't forget to lift.

The guy was talking about himself after looking at the OP's picture. HIS mind stopped after he saw her lovely attributes.

OP, your post wasn't the creeper. He was calling himself that. :laugh: because you are so beautiful.

I am way too aloof today! I was lost. But yes, she is.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    beautiful people (men and womean) on this site. I have looked a so many of you..and you all look fantastic. Can you please tell me how long you have been a part of MFP, how much you have lost, and just give ma some hope that I will lose the weight. Having you all has helped immensely...

Also, what do you think helped the most of all your changes..exercise, drinking water, nutrition???

I am just wondering if the average woman is sized 14...where the hell are you all (besides me, of course..)??? LOL....
    You look great yourself.
    I have only been a part of mfp for a couple weeks but I used to do the same exact thing on another site for a couple years but it's like dead now. My biggest change was my diet, as I have always liked exercising (although now I go about it with a plan). I drink at least 3L of water a day now and it has helped greatly to stave off hunger and help me feel better.
    I am 5'10 and I was around 180 or higher at my highest weight, 140 at my lowest (but I struggled to be healthy) and now I'm somewhere around 155 looking to lose the weight healthily. I wear a size 8 dress but looking to be a 6 again.
  • shannabeauvais
    Options
    First of all dont be discouraged. I have been very active for past two years. I just started on here as well to be more aware of the calorie intake and portion control and to actually get an idea how much it takes to work off one oreo.
    I would make small goals..
    what are you dreams of what you want to accomplish with your body? the challenge
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I joined MFP about a year and a half ago and have lost 42 pounds. I started in a size 16 and am now a size 10. I've still got another 28 pounds to go!

This is definitely a time commitment! :)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I started my Journey in February at 200 lbs, and a size 18-20. I am now more than 1/2 way towards my goal of 140, and I am a size 10-12.

I am too old to be the girl with the pretty face, so I choose to be the healthy gramma!!!!

Friend me if you so desire!
  • alwayssavingme
    Options
    Hey! I have been on my journey since December 2010 and started using MFP since February 2011 I have lost about 77lbs. What helped me the most was my family, consistently measuring my food (no cheating :) water, running and self control. I owe it all to MFP, this is exactly what I needed to help me keep track of everything I ate and drank. Don't worry girl I was a 14 as well, started off an 18 and now a size 8! Keep true to this site and you will reach your goals in no time :)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Joined ....I really can't remember, but I think its almost been a year. *editd: just looked at my Avi and I guess its been just over a year.

SW: 155'ish (sz 6/8)
    CW: 138 (sz 4/6)

I've made my goal, now trying to add definition. And....I've met so many awesome friends I couldn't leave even if I felt "perfect"!! Love this site!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi Jojo!
    I'm not at the amazing part yet but on my way (I think). I started here in May of this year a size 14 but in denial! I have only lost 8 pounds but I am down to a size 8 sometimes 6. I eat healthy, drink water, and lift heavy. I also run 4 days a week. Exercise is what has helped me the most. Now I have boundless energy and a whittling away middle. Good luck! :happy:
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    just do it
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Been here for a year, but been at the weight loss thing for almost 3 years, and I'm down over 70 lbs. My guess on why you see only in shape people would be they are probably more comfortable showing more of themseleves in their avatars.
  • irishbunnylover
    irishbunnylover Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My answer is going vegan. I kept the weight off for 3 years, which is the longest I've ever been the same size. Unfortunately a very long unemployment and loss of a routine did me in. When I had a job I worked out at lunch, just machines, 5x a week for a half hour. It was effortless.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for me is consistency. I have been here for almost a year and a half, the first 5 months of that while I was pregnant. I am now down 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight (so 10 months to lose the 17 pounds I gained plus 13 more … but the pregnancy loss was a lot of baby,etc).

Anyway, exercising, tracking calories and staying under, and drinking plenty of water are all important. But we are all human. Some days (or weeks, or even for a month) are tough. We slip up. We stop exercising, go over, or even binge from time to time. But the key is to pick yourself up, let it go, and move on by starting fresh the next day.

Your journey will be different from mine, I'm sure. But stick with it. Log every day, even if you know you're going to be way over. Make exercise a habit. Carry a water bottle with you and drink like a fish :wink: You will get there.

And remember, you are so much more than a number on a scale!! :heart:
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since about the first of May or something like that. I started at 285 and I am now down to 271 and have already lost one jean size so far. But I will probably be on here forever cause this site and the people are so amazing!!!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi Jojo - Since starting my weight loss journey 18 months ago I've lost 164 pounds. I started at 436 pounds and today i'm at 272!

I've only been on MFP a few months, as my trainer found it and got me hooked on it. Since being on MFP I've lost 17 pounds. It's such a great resource to really get an idea of how much you eat. I track my sodium as well, and I was shocked at how much over I've been all the time.

Having a big support network and having people to hold you accountable and encourage you is one of the biggest things we need, in my opinion.

Anyways, feel free to add me, and anyone else who wants to! The more the merrier! Cheers!
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    beautiful people (men and womean) on this site. I have looked a so many of you..and you all look fantastic. Can you please tell me how long you have been a part of MFP, how much you have lost, and just give ma some hope that I will lose the weight. Having you all has helped immensely...

Also, what do you think helped the most of all your changes..exercise, drinking water, nutrition???

I am just wondering if the average woman is sized 14...where the hell are you all (besides me, of course..)??? LOL....
    I'm sorry...did you post something? Didn't get past that fantastic pic....
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 when I started a year ago, now I'm a size 2. Portion control, eating healthier foods, eating unhealthy foods in moderation, Jillian Michael's workout DVDs, and running is how I lost the weight and got in shape. This site is amazing and I've met some really awesome, supportive people who have helped me along the way. It's very doable if you stay dedicated to a healthier lifestyle! :)
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A clean diet definitely was key in getting the 6 pack I was so desperately after. That and drinking water.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Been here since about the end of January and I have lost 50 lbs and am on maintenance now. Slow and steady progress is the only way to go. Also, don't look at it as a diet because if you do then you will go right back when you come off the diet. It is a lifestyle change, exercise included.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    I had my daughter in January and joined in March so far i've lost 46 lbs
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I joined in May......Started putting in work around the same time.

Because of various events I've been slacking lately in my mind, but I've still been losing. Can't wait till fall semester starts. Signed up for a "Phys Ed" class that is only 1 credit hour, but it holds me accountable by requiring I go at least 3 times a week. Then serious work can start.