Chocolate Drop!

Options
Hi all, so I've got the sweetest teeth (can't even call it tooth) ever! does anyone have any alternatives to Cadbury's chocolate bars that is not the equivalent of a meal?

Replies

• JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You mean, like exercising portion control? Buying smaller bars? There are plenty of alternatives to "eating a lot of chocolate".
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I buy semi sweet chocolate chips. They are pretty good and I will just eat 5 of them to curb my sweet tooth...I'm a chocohalic. I've heard in the past that if you want to eat right, eat some dark chocolate instead of the yummy milk chocolate. Dark choc to me is nasty, but I've always loved choc chip cookies so I just snack on the chips now. I also sometimes add choc whey protein to milk for a choc milk substitute instead of using Hershey's syrup. It works.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    You mean, like exercising portion control? Buying smaller bars? There are plenty of alternatives to "eating a lot of chocolate".

Was the above supposed to be positive encouragment and offering an alternative...IT WASN'T. Don't add comment if have nothing good to say :huh:
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    I buy semi sweet chocolate chips. They are pretty good and I will just eat 5 of them to curb my sweet tooth...I'm a chocohalic. I've heard in the past that if you want to eat right, eat some dark chocolate instead of the yummy milk chocolate. Dark choc to me is nasty, but I've always loved choc chip cookies so I just snack on the chips now. I also sometimes add choc whey protein to milk for a choc milk substitute instead of using Hershey's syrup. It works.

Thank You!
  • Jessie__86
    Options
    I like jello brand chocolate pudding. Its pretty good and i think its only like 60 calories! Good luck :)
  • johnsnana
    Options

Was the above supposed to be positive encouragment and offering an alternative...IT WASN'T. Don't add comment if have nothing good to say :huh:
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I had one of the Fiber One brownies the other day and at 90 calories I was sold! It was divine in a nice little package.
  • johnsnana
    Options
    Thank you for the comment. Too much unhelpful/insensitive advice on here. It's nice to see others besides myself calling those people out on they're bad behavior. Maybe we'll get the few bad apples on here to go away, or at least, think before inserting foot in mouth :flowerforyou:
  • jenshear
    Options
    try "chocolatecoveredkatie", she has a blog/website that has tons of yummy, healthy chocolate alternatives.....
    :flowerforyou:
  • johnsnana
    Options
    I eat the sugar free chocoate pudding 60 calories & I believe 3 net carbs. I also buy the sugar free hershey's cararmel filled chocolates (if you can handle the sugar alcohols), they give some people tummy issues. I have a stockpile of Atkins bars which are my nightly treat. I like the chocolate hazelnut bar (3 net carbs) & the Peanut butter bar (2 net carbs).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is Nestle's Skinny Cow candy bars. 110 calories
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Freddo - 95 cals!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Black and Green's Organic Dark Chocolate. You only need a little to get that good "chocolate high" and the calories are pretty low. You have to like dark chocolate though, too many calories in Milk chocolate so I switched. This really does the trick for me though.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    hershey's kisses. 1 kiss will cure my chocolate craving--generally.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is the super dark chocolate, like Lindts. One or two squares takes care of any cravings.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I second the chocolate pudding, I also will treat myself to a Ghirardelli square when I have a chocolate craving
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My chocolate craving go-tos:
    Dove Chocolate Bliss are 210 cals for 5 pieces.
    The Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding: 70 cals
    Fiber One Chocolate bars: 120 cals
    Fugdeslicles: 80 cals

Hope that helps!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Can you get Lake Champlain chocolates where you are? I break one dark chocolate square into 4 pieces and eat that slowly. LOVE it.

Fiber One brownies are good for a normal snack and have a good deal of fiber (obviously)

Godiva sells little bottles of chocolate pearls. You could portion out a couple and suck on them like hard candy. I'd go with Lake Champlain over it though.

I sometimes keep thin mints (the candy, not the cookie) in the freezer. I have an upright in the basement so if I want one, I have to go downstairs and get it.

I make chocolate chip cookies, scoop them onto parchment with a cookie scoop, freeze and transfer to a ziploc. I keep them in the upright freezer and when I need something sweet, I get one. It's frozen so it takes longer to eat but if you're wary of raw eggs, this isn't for you (could probably use an egg substitute)

ETA: The reduced fat fudgesicles are also really good (though my girlfriend thinks they taste funny). They're 60 calories. There's a no sugar added version at 40 calories but I haven't tried it.
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    skinny cow makes tasty candies and icecreams that satisfy my sweet tooth.