PEANUT BUTTER:)

Options
Is it okay if I go through one jar a week? I'm 5'2 and trying to get my weight to 110. I work out ALOT and I honestly don't eat as much calories as I should, therefor I'm super tired a lot.... Anyways, I feel like peanut butter has helped me lose weight because it's easy to have a meal with and it gives me lots of energy. Anyways, is it unhealthy for me to eat one jar a week? I get smuckers natural... Only peanuts and salt. Thank you for the help!

Replies

• redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with it... ;)
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well, I personally try not to eat more than 2 tablespoons in a day. If you are eating one jar per week, that is a pound of PB every 7 days, and 1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons per day.

That is probably still okay, as long as you are alright with the amount of fat in it, but I would not eat more than that in one day.

Thinking about it, I probably eat close to that much of nuts total on a day where I will have a PB&J sandwich and a snack that includes nuts in some way.

I think whatever works for you is fine, but you should slowly try to add some variety to your diet where possible. ALSO - if you are admittedly not eating enough, STOP THAT SILLY. Eat more! Add an extra apple or a handful of blueberries or something, it can be light and healthy but give your body what it needs if you are working it hard.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's fine, just stay within your caloric goals. I eat 2 - 4 tablespoons every day on toast. Plus I eat almonds, so that's about equal to another 2 tablespoons of PB.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every day. I slice a large apple and then put some on every slice. It's delicious. As long as you're eating healthy meals and staying close to calories and macros - :smile:
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmm Peanut butter. I eat that much every day. You should try Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams. Its a mouthgasm.

Oh yeah and I've recently discovered that if you freeze peanut butter it tastes like fudge and it takes longer to eat it.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmm Peanut butter. I eat that much every day. You should try Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams. Its a mouthgasm.

OMG - where do you find this???????

That is amazing. I'm so trying that!
  • missattitude57
    Options
    Walmart! At least they have it at Walmart in Canada...I'm assuming all over lol or you can buy it on their website. The White Chocolate Wonderful is to die for! Oh or if you're a sucker for regular pb I love Kraft's whipped PB to dip apple slices in. It's a bit 'fluffier' and smoother than normal PB since it has air whipped in lol but it saves 20 calories per tbsp.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too, but if your really want a treat try PB2. You can get it at Whole Foods or through Amazon. All the peanutty goodness with 1/2 the cal and fat. Try it.
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and I've recently discovered that if you freeze peanut butter it tastes like fudge and it takes longer to eat it.

I haven't tried that flavor but I LOVE Peanut Butter & Co.'s Crunch Time...so far my favorite and yes, I can totally go to town with the jar and a spoon!!!
  • beachlover317
    Options
    Thanks missattitude! I will look for it at Walmart next time I go. I have tried the whipped, but it's been a long time. :happy:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Frozen peanut butter??? Oh my stars I must try this!
  • beachlover317
    Options
    I love peanut butter too, but if your really want a treat try PB2. You can get it at Whole Foods or through Amazon. All the peanutty goodness with 1/2 the cal and fat. Try it.

I just can't get my head around a pb that is powdered. Are you sure you really like it and it's not just something you've talked yourself into...like say liver or spam????:happy:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every day. I slice a large apple and then put some on every slice. It's delicious. As long as you're eating healthy meals and staying close to calories and macros - :smile:

Me too! My favorite snack - a granny smith apple (sliced) and 2T Naturally More Natural Peanut Butter. YUM!!!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Dark chocolate dreams. Now I must freeze some when I go home!
  • Tyidwo
    Tyidwo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Walmart! At least they have it at Walmart in Canada...I'm assuming all over lol or you can buy it on their website. The White Chocolate Wonderful is to die for! Oh or if you're a sucker for regular pb I love Kraft's whipped PB to dip apple slices in. It's a bit 'fluffier' and smoother than normal PB since it has air whipped in lol but it saves 20 calories per tbsp.

Agree about the White chocolate wonderful... though recently Ive been going with all natural (just peanuts and salt) PB... Teddy is my favorite brand, really good... I also eat a jar a week, def one of the foods I couldnt live without.
  • beachlover317
    Options

Me too! My favorite snack - a granny smith apple (sliced) and 2T Naturally More Natural Peanut Butter. YUM!!!

I love all apples, but they must be hard and juicy. It takes me forever in the grocery store - feeling all the apples up!!!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

I just can't get my head around a pb that is powdered. Are you sure you really like it and it's not just something you've talked yourself into...like say liver or spam????:happy:

Now I haven't tried PB2 but who would ever try and talk themselves into liking liver or spam? Gross.
  • beachlover317
    Options

Now I haven't tried PB2 but who would ever try and talk themselves into liking liver or spam? Gross.

LOL - those were the grossiest thing I could come up with that people actually eat!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Guys if you like peanut butter you HAVE to try almond butter (I eat Maranatha No Stir Crunchy)....

It's so much better for you, and it's so good! The bf and I switched a couple months back and we're never going back to peanut butter =)

PB2 is good but I find it can be a bit thin tasting, hard to eat on a regular basis but I toss it into smoothies or brownies to make them peanut buttery.
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We don't have Crunch Time here, but Bee Knees is awesome!