what're you doing with your stimulus check

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

We got $1800
    Dh got new golf clubs..I got a new watch (those 2 purchases took up $800)
    The rest we split in 1/2 and put in the kids college funds...

Comes and goes so quickly..LOL

Kim
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I'm using it to put gas in my car. :mad:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Mine is going to pay for my car repairs :(:(
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    We're saving it up for a Disney trip early next year.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    We're paying off credit cards! But really...not having to pay the monthly fees on the cards will cause us to be able to spend more....so we will kinda stimulate the economy!
  • amberandjoe
    Options
    We put a good percentage into our savings account, and with the rest my husband and I decided that it would be nice for all of us (him, Myself and the kids) to be able to pick out one thing that we really wanted for ourselves. Mine was a 3 month membership to dynabody gym. :smile:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    What stimulus check.......?:sad:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just got it today...woo hoo! Thinking about spending about 1/2 on myself and possibly donating the other half to the Red Cross for disaster relief in Myanmar and China.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The only thing I stimulated with that check was my boyfriend's bank account...I owed him rent money.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was totally expecting $600 for myself (only got 430) :grumble: which got directly deposited into my account. Guess that is the price I pay for only working 4 months last year (became a s.a.h.m. in may) Just as easily as it went in it was gone!!:grumble:
    We should be receiving my fiances and the kids check shortly though and have to mostly pay bills with it although we are getting my :heart: 2 year old:heart: a new bed (she is very excited :love: to give her toddler bed to her sister:flowerforyou: ) Hmmm maybe I should check my balance now....
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm boring.. i spent it entirely on food, and having a fun weekend this past weekend. I also bought a bunch of games for when I get my wii at 220 lbs :)
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    I'm a curious Canadian - how much money are you guys talking about??? Does every American get this??? Sounds good to me...
    :smile:

Everyone who filed a tax return gets it. Individuals get $600 a peice, so a married couple gets $1200. Then you get $300 for each child.

We're getting $1200, which will be used to put back into our account the money we had to take out to pay taxes! :mad:

Thanks for answering :smile: That's pretty good!!! :tongue:

It's good until it comes back on your 2008 taxes.... :grumble:

Mine (whenever it shows up) is going into sheet metal for fixing the floors in my '59 dodge! No more Fred Flintstone-ing it for me! ha! :bigsmile:
  • wschafer
    wschafer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how much I get. I could use it for debt but I've been working a lot of OT to cover that. I do need a new dress and shoes for my Bro's wedding and I'd like to get a new Bodice and other neat things for my theatre costumes for this summer's shows. But most of all I'm thinking of using it to take an online class for my day job.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I pooled ours and spent half of it on a new TV and the other half went into savings for our house fund.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    We got $1100. I'm using $400 to surprise the hell out of my dad by showing up on his 60th birthday in June. :happy: The remainder is going to make a nice extra payment on our Mustang. :grumble:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My sons camping trip for some of it bills for the rest.

The stimulus check will not effect your 2008 taxes you can look on the irs website and you will be able to determine how much you are getting and when. If you filed your taxes (federal) and got direct deposit that is how you will receive your payment. If you got a bank product, you will be waiting for a check depending on the last two digits of your ss#. I do tax preparing as a 2nd job. LOL :drinker:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Buy fabric, beads and sequins!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Bought a Springfield XD .45 caliber semi automatic handgun.

Yeah, it rocks.
  • jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm sending my wife to the phillipines for month. She's a midwife and
    she'll be working in a birthing clinic.
    And if I have enough leftover, I'm getting myself a BMX!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Bought a Springfield XD .45 caliber semi automatic handgun.

Yeah, it rocks.

Ohhhh.....can I come over to play? :laugh: