desperate newbie

Options
Hi guys i hope you take time to listen to my confusion. I have read through hundreds of posts but i cannot seem to understand what "net calories" or "calories remaining" mean. So for example, today i have already eaten 1290 calories, i burned 449 calories this morning exercising, and my daily goal is 1400 calories per day. My current net calories are 841. I am trying to lose 1 lbs per week. So how many calories can i eat for dinner to stay on track?:frown: :frown:

Replies

• luther86
    Options
    your net calories is your calories you have consumed after subtracting your exercise. so 1400 minus your net calories of 841 gives you 559 calories for dinner. Good luck and stick with it!
  • deendhlovu
    Options
    Thank you!!Good luck to you too:wink:
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Net calories are your food calories minus your exercise calories. Your net calorie intake determines your daily calorie deficit which in turn determines how much you lose per week. A 3500 calorie deficit results in 1lb of weight loss (approximately). Unless you are extremely overweight, 2lbs of weight loss per week is quite aggressive and very hard to sustain. If you have 30lbs or less to lose, I would suggest you adjust your MFP settings to 1lb per week.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I would love that answer it its confusing dont feel bad :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    oh ok :)