excercising to eat junk?

Options
13»

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think oh I should work out extra today so I can have that cookie or donut? Why don't I want to excercise so that I can have a bigger piece of chicken or some tuna??

Is it just one of those things you go through on this journey or just me? LOL

Sometimes I use my exercise calories for junk. Most of the time I use them on good foods. But I typically work a little junk into my days with or without exercise.

This. If it fits, it gets eaten regardless of my workout that day. ;) That being said, I could go for some ice cream. Since I am a mean mom, I will eat said ice cream after my babies are in bed. :D haha I kid... or am I...? ;)
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    there's nothing wrong with a deliberate, calculated treat now and then. If you cut out a food completely it will just make you crazy and lead to you hiding in the coat closet binging.

I speak from experience, lol.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i workout for wine.

:-)

That's why it's called a "Beer Run".
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It's a daily battle for me!

THIS!!!
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the "I thought they said RUM" tee shirt! hahah
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I keep telling people I only run long distances so I can have a burger and fries after! :laugh:

For the most part I stick to eating healthy foods after exercising, but I've been known to work out a few minutes longer so I can have a cookie or a decadent dessert. Hasn't hurt my weight loss or maintenance. It's all about balance and finding what works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I workout for cheese and bread. Mostly pizza! I have pizza every week sometimes 2x!
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I have been know to spend an extra hour in the gym BEFORE indulging in something, like a glass of wine or a darn cookie:) lol
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I usually do that once a week. I'll exercise like a mad women and eat very little throughout the day just so I can have three pieces of Pizza Hut pizza for dinner. Doing it every once in a while won't hurt. Just don't make a huge habit of it. :)
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i workout for wine.

me too; Saturday morning Gym, for Saturday evening wine
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I do somethin like that. For example when I'm going out to eat at night or even for lunch, I try to get in some exercise and burn a lot more calories than the typical so I can indulge and not feel as guilty. Nothings wrong with that. Do whatever works with you.
  • ashleighk123
    ashleighk123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll look at the calorie count on junk food and think, "omg I'll have to run for like an hour and a half straight to burn that off... maybe I'll find something else to eat." Works for me because I'm lazy as all hell. The last thing I want to have to do is exercise more :P

Ahhh ha ha. Someone thinks like me! =] I do the same thing. 'There is NO WAY I am going to the gym for an extra 45 minutes for a stupid muffin...'

Seriously though, I don't mind the actual exercising but the TIME it takes out of my day irritates me on occasion. I know it's all for the greater good, though, so I get my butt in gear. =]
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i workout for wine.

I want a shirt that says this. Or a bumper sticker. Or tattooed across my chest...

YES!! I love this, who's gonna start the merch line for this?? I'll buy for sure! Haha. Anyway, I LOVE wine! Gotta have it, drinks in general. Who wants to go to a party and not be able to have at least one drink?? I do workout for other things too, like the cake I'll be enjoying tonight for the boyfriends birthday which is today. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I run to drink!
    ^^^^^ This:drinker: