Whole Grain Pasta vs. Regular

Options
2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    And yeah, white tastes better. I go back and forth. I'm not convinced that the health benefits of wheat are worth the taste.

This, plus whole wheat tends to cost a tiny bit more. If I can get it (or other higher fiber, higher protein pastas) for the same price as regular, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm not going to fuss over it.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as close to natural as possible and stay away from processed foods like refined carbs, so I always go with wheat. Maybe I'm crazy but I can't taste a difference at all :P I love it!
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    My family likes the whole wheat pasta. I am sure it took some getting used to. It is healthier and the carbs are good versus the white pasta with refined carbs.

I would suggest trying different brands until you find one you like. The pasta is like pasta sauce, all brands don't taste alike.
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    I am going to go ahead and try it. I like Barilla pasta & they carry a whole grain line. It will be interesting to see if it really does leave me feeling more full than traditional pasta - and to see if it passes the family's taste test. Thank you all for the feedback!
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    The pasta was yummy & not as grainy as I was expecting. I will be making it again!