Are there any teachers out there?

Options

Replies

• akers1017
    akers1017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too am a teacher. I teach general music. I have 700+ students a week so I can appreciate the necessary energy level. Good luck on your journey and have a good school year. Heather
  • lwlock
    lwlock Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Teacher here too!! I teach k-8 music.

Hooray for music teachers! :)
  • kenelya
    kenelya Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am moving to third from second this year but I taught first for years! I haven't joined any boards yet just trying to keep up with my diary exercise. I am commited to get the weight off and keep it off! I will have to join the teachers group, I need the support.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

GASP! There's more of us!!! :D
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I teach 8th gr. Spanish & French! Anyone can feel free to add! :smile:
  • kenelya
    kenelya Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes I teach Kindergarten. I find it very hard to stick to healthy eating during the school year with all of the food people bring to eat. I think I'll just stay out of the lounge.

Me too! That's how I gained ten pounds the last two months of school!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    Hi! I am a teacher--I am a college professor at a university in Texas. I know how difficult it can be to find time for yourself amidst all of the planning, prepping, grading, etc. I have found success recently with my new approach to life--MAKING time for me. Even if it means giving papers back a day later than I normally would, it is in my best interest and my students' to make this time for my own health. :) I hope you find great success, too! Feel free to add me, if you'd like support from a fellow educator :)
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options

GASP! There's more of us!!! :D

I teach music too! :happy:
  • ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to going back. I started in January and have been stalled the past few weeks bc I don't get as much done at home off my schedule. Anyone is free to add me. I am hoping - no working hard to loose 25 more pounds (that would be 100 total) by Christmas. Loved buying new school clothes today and buying sizes I haven't seen since college!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Band Director and General music here... High School.
  • ckwhiz175
    ckwhiz175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started as well :smile: I'm not a teacher but I work full time at a school as an office manager. I've actually been on vacation for the last 6 weeks and head back tomorrow to work. Gotta get everything ready for the students and teachers! I need to lose about 50 to get to a healthy weight....I'd like to have someone with a similar schedule as mine to be an encouragement to as well as receive encouragement. :happy: I have worked at this position for 6 years and always seem to gain a few lbs each year. I'm stopping it this year!
  • Muff123
    Muff123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I teach grade 5 in a french school up in Ontario, Canada. English is my 2nd language. We start again on Sept 4th. I' m also worried about being able to get into a routine when school starts. But I know how important it is for me to prepare my lunches the night before. You can add me as friend.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. I start school up in a month and I am getting nervous because during the school year I often lack the energy to go to the gym and keep up with my work outs. I need motivation to maintain work outs.

Princess, I find if you press through the tiredness, the workout will actually give you more energy; many times what we perceive as fatigue comes from the stress from the day. The exercise will actually help alleviate the stress by giving us a physical release of it. Sometimes "resting" is actually the worst thing we can do if we are stressed.
  • freyerrobinson
    freyerrobinson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - do ex-teachers count? I recently retired from teaching - 35 years, so I really feel for you all returning to the classroom this fall and trying to stay on track. I miss the children so much already. Good luck to you all for the coming year. I don't really have any good advice to add, but I do agree with staying out of the staff room during "goody" days, but then there are so many other special occasions - Valentine's Day, Halloween etc. to avoid cookies IN the class. I think that if you are committed to MFP as much as you are all committed to teaching, then you will all find a way to stay on track, make it a part of your dayplan !!! Best Wishes to you all. I now have all the time in the world to devote to MFP, so no excuses for me not to stay focused - lol.
  • lbcabbott
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a college English and Sociology teacher in Texas. It's wonderful seeing so many teachers here--I look forward to all the great advice and support. :-) I start up in two weeks, but I've been working from home, redesigning courses, writing up lesson plans and assignments, etc. I got my husband and son into MFP and we've just been using the apps. I might pop in to the website more often!
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    I teach middle school history and geography. I actually diet better over the school year because I am home less. During the summer, I am home with my two little boys with too much snack food in the house!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a future teacher. Only 8 classes left. I worked elementary as a para for 6yrs, then the job was cut. That was in another state, so hopefully there will be jobs a plenty when I am ready to go! Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • turkkm
    turkkm Posts: 66
    Options
    Wow, look at all the teachers who responded! I am so encouraged by your posts. Thank you to all for the great words! If you need a friend to cheer you on, I am here!
  • dawnal1028
    dawnal1028 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a veteran elementary school teacher. This will be my 16th year of teaching coming up!
    I will have a 5th/6th grade combination class this year. I'm pretty excited because it is basically the same class I had last year as 4th and 5th graders...I am "looping" them up.
    It's nice to meet you all :happy:
  • tracylacy74
    tracylacy74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HELLO FELLOW TEACHERS, I AM A HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY TEACHER. THIS WILL BE MY 13TH YEAR OF TEACHING. I STARTED MY FITNESS PLAN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. STILL NOT SURE HOW TO INCORPORATE EXERCISE INTO MY WORK WEEK WITH TWO SMALL KIDS AND A HUSBAND THAT WORKS 2ND SHIFT. THIS CALORIE COUNTER MAKES IT EASY. SCHOOL IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AWAY, BUT PLENTY OF TIME TO EXERCISE MORE AND ENJOY THE SUN AND NO GRADING. KEEP EATING WELL!