GROOMING TIPS FOR MEN (FOR THE WOMEN PLEASE)

Options

Replies

• iJiVE
    iJiVE Posts: 20
    Options
    Dirty fingernails is nasty! Dudes, please clip them ****s!! That gross **** aint cute or hygienic!
    Boom
    If your hair is all ****ed up - fix it! Hair gel & hairspray works wonders.
    Boom
    Look good in good clothes - not some outdated wack ensemble!
    Boom
    If you hairy - shave your back, somehow?
    Boom
    If you got a hairy chest, them wife beaters aint working for ya!
    Boom
    The unbuttoned look only works for guys who are in shape, & aint looking gorilla status. Keep that in mind.
    Boom
    Beards are disguising flavor savors. Ain't noone wanna kiss you with that mess on your face! Omg I almost chucked after writing that sentence.
    Boom
    Follow these steps my dudes & maybe yous will get laid!
    BOOM!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I appreciate my man for the furry Wookie that he is.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't have back hair, I think shaving is a bit odd (unless of course you're a swimmer or you do it for some other non aesthetic reason). If you're Robin Williams hairy, get that crap under control.

I'm a huge fan of facial hair as well, just keep it neat and tidy. The ZZ top look only works on ZZ top. Oh and that little thin line of hair on the jawline that some men call a beard.....yea that instantly sounds the alarm on the Douche Detector.

But honestly, no matter what you're grooming habits, just don't spend more time than me in the bathroom. That's just weird.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My hubby has become more conscious of his grooming habits over the years - partly because I'm always nagging him about it. He doesn't shave his chest but he's not that hairy. No back hair, so we're good there. Trims his eyebrows at the salon and that's about it.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    keep the landscaping tidy down south, brush your teeth and take a shower at least every other day. Other than that I dont care.
    Seems a bit high maintenance. I'm not showering more then once a week!
  • Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    OP: you do not need any tips, because hello look at you! you obviously know what up!!

for the rest of you.... keep it clean, tidy, and manly! lol @dome!!

p.s. brush your fuggin teeth every day, morning and night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this

^^^ yeppers!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i can't grow a beard or chest hair to save my life :laugh: most of my hair is on my legs :indifferent: but apparently girls like that
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    body hair is nasty. anywhere besides the face/head, no thanks. except maybe a little short hair on lower legs.

ugh I hate body hair. Can they just create a damn pill to permanently remove it forever
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    dont worry friend!! you dont have hair :bigsmile:

hair is ugly everywhere!
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    body hair is nasty. anywhere besides the face/head, no thanks. except maybe a little short hair on lower legs.

ugh I hate body hair. Can they just create a damn pill to permanently remove it forever

There is a laser treatment that can permanetly stop hair growth. It's costly and takes several treatments but effective.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Take care of your feet! Fugly dirty long toenails are disgusting and it wouldn't kill you to add a pumice stone and some lotion to those things either. Better yet, pay the 30 or so dollars to have someone else do it, pedicures are quite nice!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Basic "manscaping" and neatness goes a long way. Have a weird stray super-long nipple hair? Get rid of it, but normal hair patterns -- clean, neat, groomed. Hair is something that differs so dramatically from taste to taste, I personally think most men look better with anything from "five o'clock shadow" to "beard", but I know plenty who prefer 100% smooth.

Also I have to second whoever commented on nails, nothing grosses me out more than someone with too-long toenails or fingernails, especially if they are dirty or otherwise "off" looking. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    No unibrows please!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eh
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Think about it like this... Would you find a woman attractive if she had big ol' nose hairs attacking your upper lip while she kissed you? Would she be hot if she had eyebrows that climbed halfway up her forehead? Or if you had to scream at her all the time, because she can't hear due to all the hair in her ears?

I didn't think so. Use some common sense. Trim your face up. Take the extra minute and a half to do your ears, nose, and brows. Take some pride in your manscaping. Especially around the twig and berries. For the *most* part - girls don't like bushwhacking through the forrest. We like things neat, and tidy. Plus - it makes the twig look taller. Bonus for you, and her.

Now, as far as pits, arms, legs, chest, and back hair go - while I can't understand ANY woman in the world finding back hair attractive - ask YOUR lady what she preferrs.... You don't want to shave off what turns her on...

I'm working, and this cracked me up. -shuffles back to work-
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Buy new underwear more often than you think you need to. Make an effort to keep the bathroom smelling nice. A lit match will suffice. There's this nifty basket/bin thing in your room. It holds dirty clothes that you want washed. It's called a hamper. Use it.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that I feel incredibly blessed with my choice in partner - and even more so that he also chooses me.

He is very well groomed and is conscious of maintaining his appearance. He is okay with my particularities in my own grooming and we have discussed at length what we both prefer in our partner. D@mn he's sexy.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    unless i become a professional triathlete, a razor is never touching anything but my face. and yes, i shave my unibrow.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    unless i become a professional triathlete, a razor is never touching anything but my face. and yes, i shave my unibrow.

Have you tried plucking? It lasts way longer and no stubble. It hurts a bit but nothing like just under the eyebrow.
  • kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    Clean shaven please.. i floss my own teeth, don't need his un-groomed manhood doing it for me..