65 in Oct: Any other seniors out there?

Options
Hi Friends, I just joined because I've lost the same 10 pounds 30 times over the last 20 years. Now it looks like I'll be losing the same 15 pounds if I don't do something different. Living in Tucson, I garden every morning for an hour and then take a Silver Sneakers Class for another hour.

Replies

• laura4smith
    laura4smith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I will be 39 in October. I am on my way to 65, does that count? :-)
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    54 and getting older , but feeling younger everyday

Friend request sent !!! :-)
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey i am days away from turning 60, Lets do this!
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 71. Didn't think I would still be trying to get in shape now but it is what it is. Live in Tn. going to try again. Just heard about this web site so thought it wouldn't hurt to come on here. just bought a Sweatin' to the Oldies and it didn't kill me 1st time used so will continue using that, walking and going to the Y for Silver Sneaker classes. Thanks, JudyKB
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yabetcha! Good for you!!
  • JudeGilford
    Options
    Good for you! Those silver sneakers classes are the ones I take too and the ones I plan to teach. Nice to meet you Judy.
  • JudeGilford
    Options
    Great Mamajoe. I'm with you all the way!
  • lindag321
    Options
    Hi!

I will turn 65 in September. Just found this app three days ago and love it! I never thought counting calories and recording exercise so much fun. I have gained 50 pounds in the past two years. Lost both parents and gained all the weight back that I have fought to keep off for 12 years.

I did not eat anything with flour or sugar during those years and I so missed enjoying foods that normal people eat. I am so excited to do this and was praying to find someone over 65 who still feels 39.
  • nanahooper
    Options
    I am 68, female, sedentary, and want to lose 55 pounds. I'm looking for someone who can hellp me with the best cardio and strength exercises to get started. Thanks. :smile:
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'll be 65 in Sept....got my medicade card in the mail....it's laying on the dresser unopened. Gotta make some decisions on it but all the plan abcd is to confusing...think I'll play a Jack Benny and go back to being 29!
  • marshart
    marshart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 61 and was ready to lose the 15-20 pounds I carried for way too long when I discovered this site. The trick for me to have lost the 20 and kept them off now for a year was tracking food, drink and exercise and maintaining those calorie goals. Nothing complicated. This site made it easy and fun. I love entering all the information and there is nothing like knowing at the end of the day that you did not over eat or if a little, that it could be adjusted for in the next few days to not hurt your progress or goal. So now maintenance is the goal and so far so good.
  • 7ginger
    7ginger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm 64 in Sept and since my last child turned 21, have finally vowed to lose the baby weight LOL. I've been using my fitness pal for two weeks and love it! Feels like a slot machine in Vegas, but I get to decide how to spend my calorie bucks! I live in California, haven't started regular execise yet but plan to once I'm 10 lbs down. 5 lbs down now, have to "baby" a cranky knee.
    final goal ..... who knows? sky's the limit and want to make my "golden years" really shine ;>
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 64 been here for awhile and doing this journey since May 2008 will be 65 in January and have vowed to be 165 during my 65th year and just bumping along Have become a runner albeit slow during the past year and loving it
    Friend me if you would like I dont know it all and wont pretend to but I have had success changing my life profile is open and diary as well
    KenB
  • Anthonyb4
    Options
    Yes.Hi there everyone. I just joined mfp on August 13. My name is Anthony Before from Springfield,Ma. I am almost there; I just turned 30 years old For the 33rd time on July 8th.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Thought I'd let you know there are several groups for seniors. I joined the 60+ group. This is my second week and I'm feeling my way around the website. Good luck.
  • lindag321
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Congrats on not giving up on getting healthy. It is never too late. I am amazed at all these "young" over 60 people who are living life and enjoying their food at the same time. I have been part of a weight loss community that was nothing but anorexic young men and women. I am not being heartless and I loved those kids. But I just could not relate. I love to eat but I hate being unhealthy. I am grateful that my generation still likes to eat.
  • vxmann
    Options
    Hey there,

I've been doing FP since around June 1st, faithfully -- and truthfully! -- and it's a slow process, but I've lost 5 lbs. and I know if I just keep on doing this I'll get to 10 and then to 20, which is my current goal. I have two great friends but would like to have a few more as I find the friend connection/support thing really inspiring.

If I post this reply, will you see who I am I wonder? If not, my FP name is vxmann, so maybe you can find me that way to see if we might be compatible!

Thanks,
    Ginger
  • bsw47
    Options
    Hello!! Yes, I too am a senior. that's what the number says but i feel much younger (most of the time). Anyway, I started doing C25K the beginning of this year. I turned 65 in May and wanted to have run one 5K before my birthday. Trained and ran a 5K Feb. 19,2012. I have rean 3 more since then. I am not fast, but if anyone had told me 2 years ago that I would wven consider running I would have told them they were nuts!! I love to run, it gives me such a sence of accomplishment. i have to work around all my aches and pain and right now am dealing wth some hip burcitis. Still trying to do what i can. Have a color run in Oct and for me its not about how long it takes me to finish but that I finished!! Anyway, the way I look at it, regardless how long it takes me, I'm still running lapse around all those still on the couch!! Happy running!:happy:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello all :-)

I have been here since March 2012. I'm 57 and would love to be friends with all! I have lost 6 pounds since logging on the first time.
    Friend me if you like!:smile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, my mum isn't on this site, but she turned 65 last month. She still works (part time - 5 days a week), and is looking to retire next year. However, I was wondering if someone could suggest some exercises for her that she can do in her spare time? She's got type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so I want this to be as easy for her as possible. I've tried encouraging her to try Zumba with me, but I think it'll be a bit much for her. I really want to see her diabetes go away!

Thanks in advance for your help :)