Couch-to-5k?

Options
A lot of people recommended this to me when I said I wanted to start running, and it seems great! The only thing that I think would bother me is keeping track of the time! Does anyone know what kind of things I can use to keep track of the time without getting annoyed or frustrated? I wouldn't want it to affect my workout haha Any suggestions would be amazing<3

Replies

• Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    There is an ipod app.
  • Courtney1921
    Options
    I don't have an ipod though): I was hoping for a watch or something
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Do you have a droid or iphone?

If not, you will have to do it the old fashioned way and use a watch or timer.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    and a free android app C25K. It's wonderful. I just started running for the first time in over 10 yrs (Yeah! right? and I'd always loved running & was quite good at it) yesterday and am presently using this app. I love it! It lets you know when to begin walking & running and helps give you an idea of where you are in the process without you having to actually look at your phone. It tells you also when to begin the cool down and it checks off the day you are in on the program when it's been completed. Really a great tool. Very motivating and less stressful then trying to keep track of where you are on your own. Try it! It's free so it will not hurt you in any way...don't like it? delete it...:bigsmile:
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app (which I love), but a non-phone option would be an interval timer. They come in watch format.
  • Courtney1921
    Options
    I don't have a droid or an iphone.. haha it sucks, but I guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Do you have an mp3 player? If so, there are a number of c25k podcasts which you could use.
  • tfraley10
    Options
    You can pick up a digital watch with a stopwatch feature at walmart for $5-10. I used one of these before I got a watch with a heart rate monitor too. Those are more, probably $40-50 and up.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    No you can download a podcast from nhs.uk couch to 5k which gives you music to walk and run to and someone who tells you when to start and stop. It's great, and the music's not bad either. There's a different podcast (an mp3 file that will download to any mobile phone) for each week. I'm currently on week 2. Hope this helps

Sarah
  • Courtney1921
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely gonna look into those!(:
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Do you have an mp3 player? If so, there are a number of c25k podcasts which you could use.

THIS ^^^
  • LoSena
    LoSena Posts: 14
    Options
    i have an ipod nano, can i download the couch to 5k app on that, if so someone explain to me how please & thanks!
  • charduck01
    charduck01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It lets you know when to begin walking & running and helps give you an idea of where you are in the process without you having to actually look at your phone.

Which app do you use? I downloaded the "Simple C25K" on my Galaxy phone. It beeps for each section but I still have to look at the phone. So, when the phone goes into the power saving mode, it is kind of a pain to unlock it to look at the timer. As for the C25K itself... I have never been a runner EVER but decided to try this program after getting a little healthier by walking. My daughter-in-law talked me into it so I took the challenge. We are now on Week 4, day 2 and I am hanging in there! I won't even say that it is easy because it has been a struggle, but the upside is.. that I feel good and I am actually, really doing it! Who woulda thought? Certainly, not me :-)