Bizarre development

Let me paint a picture for you: I'm sitting here on my couch in flannel pjs, with a bowl of food on my lap, absolutely pigging out.

My boyfriend heard me chomping away on the phone and asked what I was snacking on. "Organic salad greens," I replied. I realized I'd been eating them like chips -- no fork or anything.

But that's not the weirdest part. The weirdest part is that I feel totally satisfied. I CRAVE healthy food, the healthier the better. I cannot get enough of it. I am getting the exact same feeling of satifsfaction from salad greens as I used to get from eating a bag of doritos, or a greasy slice of pizza. I should add that this is occuring after I made the switch to organic fruits & veggies. For some reason they taste so much better and I just want more raw food all the time. . .!

It's crazy, I know. I'm actually kind of creeped out by it. I hope tomorrow I don't wake up with birkenstocks that I can't pry off my feet.

Replies

• Let me paint a picture for you: I'm sitting here on my couch in flannel pjs, with a bowl of food on my lap, absolutely pigging out.

My boyfriend heard me chomping away on the phone and asked what I was snacking on. "Organic salad greens," I replied. I realized I'd been eating them like chips -- no fork or anything.

But that's not the weirdest part. The weirdest part is that I feel totally satisfied. I CRAVE healthy food, the healthier the better. I cannot get enough of it. I am getting the exact same feeling of satifsfaction from salad greens as I used to get from eating a bag of doritos, or a greasy slice of pizza. I should add that this is occuring after I made the switch to organic fruits & veggies. For some reason they taste so much better and I just want more raw food all the time. . .!

It's crazy, I know. I'm actually kind of creeped out by it. I hope tomorrow I don't wake up with birkenstocks that I can't pry off my feet.
  • baday
    baday Posts: 35
    If you like crunchy veggies, I highly recommend Master's Touch Vine Sweet Mini-Peppers...I chomp on those all day. You can eat like 10 of those and still not have more than 60-70 calories. Very filling too..:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Me, that tells you something, I'm no psychologist, but to me that sounds like
    a lot of your eating was by habit. Since chaning what you ate in the habit
    didn't effect the habit itself, you know it's all mental and you are the one in
    control of it. Now that you know, you can be the one to make the decisions
    on how much and what to eat. Its empowering to find that out, isn't it?

I found that out recently. I had a turkey wrap on whole wheat wrap with lettuce
    onions and pickles with about 1/2 a tblspn of mayo. and was completely full
    about 1/2 way through. I realized, before I started my lifestyle change, I would have finished
    this even though I'm full. I wrapped it up and threw it in the fridge, probably was about
    250 cals worth of food I wrapped up. :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I recently had a few days of bad eating, and rather than craving more fries...I wanted a salad so badly I could taste it.

And, these birkenstocks are for my back.:wink: