Best way to cook a turkey burger....

Options
I no longer have a George Foreman :cry: So what would be the best tasting/healthiest way to cook a turkey burger? I know they dry out pretty easily...

Replies

• fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got a small George Foreman for doing single servings of Chicken and Turkey Burgers. I would say if possible, get another George Foreman. I love it.

Let's see, if that's not possible, broiling is probably next best, it is how I used to cook my chicken before I got the George Foreman, broiling, really seals the outside, and if you don't cook it too long, it always comes out juicy on the inside, and you still get to lose the excess fat. I saw a small broiling pan at Target the other day.

Best of luck,
    Laura
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    with a little olive oil in a pan or you could use cooking spray or a little water and put a lid on it to cook it slow so that it doesn't get dried out.

Season it with salt last because salt takes the moisture out.

If you cook it under the broiler on low and flip several times it may work the same as your george forman.
  • elBruce
    Options
    anything to give it a little crust for texture while keeping it together.. simple stovetop sautee or grill pan works great.. making the patty is half the battle, if its put together well it won't fall apart as easily.. but if you're looking for the best 'turkey burger' - my favorite is sliced avocado, red onion, tomato, and sprouts (spinach or green leaf lettuce optional) w/ some dijon mustard on a whole wheat bun.. the avocado and tomato help some of the leaner meat have some moisture, and the dijon and red onion give it some needed flavor and texture... if you can afford the calories.. turkey bacon (bake it on 400* for 6-8 min or until done - then drain) good luck!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    spritz with some olive oil....then a little montreal seasoning...