Best Sports Bra?

Replies

• tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    I'm still looking. Being a 34G, I've tried Wacoal, Moving Comfort and a myriad of cheap ones (Jockey, Champion, etc.). I hate them all. I'm going to order the Panache.
  • LadyHappyfish
    LadyHappyfish Posts: 23 Member
    I have been looking into a good bra and I have found the enell sports bra is perfect, you need to measure yourself to get the correct size. rather than going by your normal size. Designed to keep that area still you can drop a dress size or 2 and it still keeps you firm. front fastening excellent for limited mobility. Also highly recommend in reviews online as well as recommended by Oprah and it is what's used by people on the biggest loser. I do hope that helps.
  • autumn10004
    autumn10004 Posts: 3 Member
    I have this Nike L I V E S T R O N G sports bra from SportCheck it was roughly 30$ but it has the best support I've ever seen! I don't move at all which is great cause that was a big thing I hated about running was movement in my chest, it looks like this !

http://www.bradepot.com/img/nike-livestrong-womens-pro-compression-logo-sports-bra_16147_500.jpg
  • jareya
    jareya Posts: 12 Member
    Shock Absorber and Nike are my faves so far.
  • starlikedolly
    starlikedolly Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks for the tips about Primark, I picked up a really good sports bra yesterday and can now forget about my chest while exercising. Seriously love this site.
  • Linsey1973
    Linsey1973 Posts: 75 Member
    34G here..... I have tried a few in my time, I used to have a Freya one which was good, but currently I have a Shock Absorber - High Impact one. One word - AWESOME!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    i have lululemon's tata tamer. it's great
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Shock absorber all the way for me, i love them, and if you look on ebay you can find brand new ones direct from a factory outlet for 1/8th of the regular retail price.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    34 H/I here and enell and shock absorber are my go-to's for high impact. getting into the enell is a workout in itself, but so worth it.
  • Being a large-breasted lady, finding a good sports bra is so important to having a good workout, especially if you're doing high impact. I currently use Moving Comfort's Maia, which is awesome. But what do you guys use?

Thanks for posting this topic!! I never thought to ask on here, but I have been struggling to find a good sports bra! So tired of having either the uniboob or ones that allow flopping around! I have gotten some great suggestions from this thread!! Thank you!!
  • victorias secret ones are perfect for me
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Shock Absorber - it is incredibly supportive, has good wide straps (essential for carrying anything over a B cup when running ;)). I even used it while breast feeding for my aerobics classes (yes, there was a fair bit of madness going on postbaby. Aerobics 7 weeks postpartum was NOT a great idea!!) when I was a 36F-G (now 36DD/34E)
  • Moving Comfort is a great choice, but if you're looking for some other styles there's plenty of brands out there for you! You can take a look at Panache or Enell. It's surprising how many companies now cater to large-chested women (which is amazing)! For a bit more reading that includes specific styles check this out! Don;t be fooled by the title, if you read-on it's definitely relevant to your problem!

http://blog.brayola.com/how-to-avoid-the-uniboob/
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    The one i use is by Under Armor. I have large breasts and this one was perfect because it has criss cross in the back and it closes by zipper in the front. Its just slightly padded but not enough to make things bigger. Its for high impact and let me tell you these things DONT MOVE! I find it difficult at times when im all sweaty to remove the ones with no open/close. That is why the zipper in front is perfect, no over the head etc. It was pricey but worth it

Thanks for this info, Im waiting for 1 Sept for them to be sold in stores in Aust. Glad Ive finally come across a review from here on them, not just from a generic website.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Good topic to bring up. I don't care for under wires either. I purchased a couple Champion Women's Action Tech Sports Bra from Amazon, and I really like it. Controls that bouncing if you know what I mean!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    I actually kind of like the C9 Champion sports bra (I get mine at Target). I'm rather large-chested, and it really holds everything. Plus it's cheap. Hah!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    I'm still looking. Being a 34G, I've tried Wacoal, Moving Comfort and a myriad of cheap ones (Jockey, Champion, etc.). I hate them all. I'm going to order the Panache.
    you're close to my size try enell (size 2) and shock absorber. the panache is good as well. a word of warning for the enell it'll fit fine in the rib cage for the bottom hooks but above that you'll have to do a bit of squishing to get the girls hooked in to the vest, but once in you're good to go.

unfortunately the cup size would be best suited for a size 3, but go by the band because if the band size is too big you'll get too much movement against your skin. that movement leads to chaffing which leads to broken skin. i've been there and done that and just got a smaller size :cry:
  • Lulu Lemon Tata Tamer II or just the original one called the Tata Tamer. Loved it until I lost so much weight they don't make it in my size anymore :( Going to have to go pick up one of their running bras for smaller chested gals now.

I tried Champion and Under Armour until I found Lululemon. For being a larger size up top, I need the extra support without chaffing. This works, plus I love the name!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    you're close to my size try enell (size 2) and shock absorber. the panache is good as well. a word of warning for the enell it'll fit fine in the rib cage for the bottom hooks but above that you'll have to do a bit of squishing to get the girls hooked in to the vest, but once in you're good to go.

unfortunately the cup size would be best suited for a size 3, but go by the band because if the band size is too big you'll get too much movement against your skin. that movement leads to chaffing which leads to broken skin. i've been there and done that and just got a smaller size :cry:

I think this is why I haven't tried Enell. The sizing looks convoluted!