Breakfast

Options
Fancy_Nancy2
Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
I need to start being better about eating breakfast but the problem is I don't like most Breakfast food. But I am willing to try some as long as it is not oatmeal or cereal. So I need some ideals for breakfast please that are fast, easy, healthy and quick.

Replies

• pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i use one egg white, salt, pepper, and a splash of milk and scrambled. then fry up in pan with pam spray so it does not stick. just let it lay in the pan until it is almost fried and then fold over like an omlet. flip. then toast a piece of wheat toast. butter very lightly and put egg white omlet on top so that I can have a sandwich to walk out the door with.
  • amandak420
    Options
    I tend to have the same problem. I dont like many breakfast foods either, Especially creal or oatmeal. I have been having 2 scrambled eggs and an orange. I dont know how good eggs are supposed to be for weight loss though. I too, would like to see some nice, easy breakfast suggestions :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of egg whites and veggies when i have the time. My standard is spinach, mushrooms and chopped tomato, scrambled with two egg whites and topped with salsa.

Also for a quickie, Special K makes a low cal eggo type waffle. Think it's 90 calories? They have the strawberry kind and i find those sweet enough that i don't need any syrup on them.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I've never really like eggs or cereal much so......
    I know it's weird, but I love soup for breakfast, I make a huge pot on Sundays and split it up so all I have to do is microwave it for breakfast :) it's only 250 calories and I get three servings of veggies first thing in the morning:bigsmile:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I take a nature',s own multi grain english muffin and toast it (100 cal) and add a frozen egg patty w/ cheese (60 cal) with 1 slice of hormel canadian bacon (35 cal). It's like an egg mcmuffin, has 195 calories, 25 carbs, 7 gr. fat, 15 gr. protien, 765 mg sodium and 7 gr fiber. The sodium is a little high but I watch my intake through out the rest of the day...AND it takes less than 2 minutes to make.

The other days I have oatmeal with a half ounce each of craisins and walnuts and finish with a sprinkle of cinnimon.

What about a smoothie? That is anytime food.
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love low-fat cottage cheese with blueberries or mandarin oranges (canned). Or a big protein shake with a banana or strawberries in it.

Try also, Eggo makes a whole wheat waffle that is awesome and spread a little reduced fat peanut butter on it, and slice up a half a banana on top...yummy!!
  • madair801
    madair801 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I hate eggs! I usually will eat fruit for breakfast. It is easy to take with me to work and not much prep work or none at all if you like bananas! You might want to try some saltine crackers with cheese or peanut butter - these are very filling and easy to carry to.
  • law7865
    Options
    How about a sandwich and a piece of fruit. I use one slice of Brownberry Double Fiber bread, add low-sodium turkey and low fat cheese. For this cold weather, I grill it in a fry pan with a bit of Pam spray until the cheese melts. Filling, warm, and very satisfying.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some kind of breakfast but sometimes it's leftovers from the night before!:happy:

Breakfast technically means you are breaking the fast from the night (not eating while sleeping). It doesn't really have to be eggs, cereal, etc.

Eat what you like, as long as its healthful!:happy:
  • ncocci989
    Options
    I know it's not as good for you as if you were to make it at home, but since I dont have much time in the moring before, I stop and dunkin donuts and get egg and cheese on wheat english muffin, or egg white anc cheese on wheat english muffin (these are around 200-300 calories, but usually fills me and keeps me full till lunch) or their new egg and cheese wake up wrap which is only 170 calories (if i get this is usually try and have a fruit with it too) mind you i do like to also stop and get a venti skinny vanilla latte from starbucks which wakes me up, keeps me going through the day and is only 170 calories that has a lot of flavor too! if you go to dunkin donuts website they have all the nutrient info.
  • ncocci989
    Options
    the waffles are too! you can even put a small amount of the whipped plain philadelphia cream cheese on it and it is really good!
  • czar1978
    Options
    Try this!

Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients:
    1 Arnold Sandwich Thins Multi-Grain Roll
    1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
    2 slices Canadian bacon
    2 egg whites (scrambled or fried)

Preparation:
    Toast both halves of the sandwich thin; spread cheese over each half. Put eggs and Canadian bacon over one half; top with remaining half.

Approximate nutritional stats:
    209 calories, 24 g carbs, 4 g fat, 21 g protein, 27 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I happen to love eggs and breakfast in general...
    I love egg white omelettes with spinach and broccoli or poached eggs on toast.

I'm a big fan of bananas and peanut butter for breakfast! Sometimes on toast, sometimes not.

I also like cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fruit.

Hope this helps!! Breakfast is important!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much every one they sound good and not what i had growing up.
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    This took me like 5 mins and is good for protein

1 egg scrambled
    Mushrooms
    Chopped up Ham
    Small slice of cheese
    Wrap (I use Flat-Out Light Wrap)

Scramble the egg, then throw the rest of the ingredients in (minus the wrap) and cook for a minute or two. Wrap it up, and presto, yummy, filling breakfast :smile:
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    This took me like 5 mins and is good for protein

1 egg scrambled
    Mushrooms
    Chopped up Ham
    Small slice of cheese
    Wrap (I use Flat-Out Light Wrap)

Scramble the egg, then throw the rest of the ingredients in (minus the wrap) and cook for a minute or two. Wrap it up, and presto, yummy, filling breakfast :smile:

Sounds yummy!!! Now I need to go shopping!
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for smoothie ideas..I love my red river cereal with dried cranberries and slivered almonds, but I've been reading a lot that "super green" smoothies are a great way to get your veggies and fruits.
    Does anyone have a great recipe idea that is tasty?
    Thanks
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    when im pressed for time i have a granola bar w/ 2 tsps low fat peanut butter & 1/2 of a banana..its just enough
  • colum
    colum Posts: 1
    Options
    My husband and I came up with a wafco (a waffle folded in half like a taco). We use Eggo Low Fat frozen waffles, toasted, smooth on some peanut butter, and sprinkle with dried cranberries. Toppings in moderation, no more than 1 Tbs of either.
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i made a really nice smoothie the other day, quick easy n tasty here it is if neone wants to try it....

1 banana

1 cup of fruit juice (whatever takes ur fancy!) i use tropical fruit or plain orange juice

1 cup of frozen mango pieces ( agen what ever kind of fruit u like its just my fave :smile: )

1/2 cup plain low fat yoghurt

blitz it together in a blender n thats it easy n yummy plus u dont hav to add any ice coz the fruits frozen

enjoy! x