Any Vegetarians out there?

Options
Hey

I'm not new to MFP have been on here for about nearly 6 weeks and really enjoying it so far and seeing results! HOLLA

Would love some veggie friends, id'd be great to get an idea what you other vegetarian people eat!

Replies

• livestrawng
    Options
    I am a vegetarian with an exception of eating eggs.
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I've been a vegetarian for 14 years!
    I eat eggs and dairy and have just recently started eating shrimp in the past few months!

I love MFP because it's so easy to see your daily protein %'s!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary I do still eat eggs and cheese.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 30 years and mostly vegan for 7 months. My diet has gotten better over time, but I've still got a ways to go. The biggest problem is that I'm not really much of a cook, and the stuff that's easy to prepare is often the least healthy. I'm working on it though.
  • halloweeny_bride27
    halloweeny_bride27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm been meat free for 2.5 years and am now vegan...i recently made the full transition!....i do not have the best diet but I try!
  • JustinaSanchez
    Options
    I dont eat meat! My diary is also open. I eat some fish occasionaly.
  • Gloria_Torres
    Gloria_Torres Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes! Right here! I'm pescatarian thou. :)
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian with an exception of eating eggs.

Oh me too. I eat eggs a dairy.
  • Krissy027
    Krissy027 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    16 years and counting! You can find some really great recipes on Pinterest.
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    why do people think they are not vegetarians if they eat eggs and dairy?
  • livestrawng
    Options
    Good point. May be we should introduce a new word - Eggetarians.
    I have not eaten meat ever. I come from a vegetarian family.
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians don't eat flesh of an animal
    Vegans don't eat or use any animal bi-product

that's what i thought
    My partner is vegetarian.

Yes there are some cheeses with the likes of Rennet which vegetarians can't eat.
  • Jnbb
    Jnbb Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 8 months now! I love it! I feel lot better and I haven't got sick yet! I don't eat much dairy because I am also lactose intolerant. :P
    But I do eat organic, local, free range eggs :D
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I've been vegetarian since I was about 10 or 11. So....close to 17 years. Love it!
  • meowchii
    meowchii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My diet is vegetarian/pescetarian/vegan. Does not make a lot of sense I know. I do not eat meat ,dairy or eggs I do love my raw fish and seafoods though. Mostly I eat a lot of veggies. I am making a cashew & cous cous stuffed zuccini soon. : D
  • Emily_fitat30
    Emily_fitat30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie, have been all my life (24yrs) I actually have no idea what alot of other veggies eat! X
  • Not_Famous
    Not_Famous Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also a dairy and egg eating vegetarian. I just love cheese soooo much! So, anyone can feel free to add me. c:
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey there - semi-vegetarian checking in here (read: my fiance is not, so when he makes meals he includes meat and sometimes I eat it). But generally I aim not to eat meat. Feel free to friend/view my diary if it helps.

Warning though - I tend to eat the same things over and over again for a while because it's easier to shop for/make with a busy schedule, and I enjoy it :)
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't have any open diary, but I'm a vegetarian too! I second pinterest as a great place to find some yummy recipes! I have been not eaten flesh in about... 18 years. Stopped when I was 12 years old. I eat a lot of legumes and I love tofu. I keep trying to spread the word about a fantastic blog I found with great recipes called No Meat Athlete. I found it while I was training for a marathon.

If you sometimes eat meat or fish, you are not a vegetarian. If you eat eggs and cheese, you are a vegetarian, you just aren't a vegan =)

We don't need to invent any terms, they already exist!

Pescatarian: The word “pescatarian” is occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish.

Flexitarian/Semi-Vegetarian: You don’t have to be vegetarian to love vegetarian food! “Flexitarian” is a term recently coined to describe those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat.

Vegetarian (Lacto-ovo- vegetarian):

When most people think of vegetarians, they think of lacto-ovo-vegetarians. People who do not eat beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish or animal flesh of any kind, but do eat eggs and dairy products are lacto-ovo vegetarians (“lacto” comes from the Latin for milk, and “ovo” for egg).

Lacto-vegetarian: is used to describe a vegetarian who does not eat eggs, but does eat dairy products.

Ovo-vegetarian: refers to people who do not eat meat or dairy products but do eat eggs.

Vegan:
    Vegans do not eat meat of any kind and also do not eat eggs, dairy products, or processed foods containing these or other animal-derived ingredients such as gelatin. Many vegans also refrain from eating foods that are made using animal products that may not contain animal products in the finished process, such as sugar and some wines. There is some debate as to whether certain foods, such as honey, fit into a vegan diet.

Raw vegan/Raw food diet:
    A raw vegan diet consists of unprocessed vegan foods that have not been heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 degrees Celsius). “Raw foodists” believe that foods cooked above this temperature have lost a significant amount of their nutritional value and are harmful to the body.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    That would be a pescatarian?