How to eat 1200 cals

Options

Replies

• lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i always fill out my meal plan in the morning ususally dinner is first i try to stay btwn 1200-1400 calories just straight food i dont log my exercise very often cause it effects my daily intake and i find eating your burnt calories back is just silly but then again i have a fat-urday once a wk that i allow myself to eat what i want but hey that helps with the sugar cravings and prevents me from feeling the need to binge eat
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    planning = success!!

I plan out my meals for the week since i eat a lot of the same things.
    I usually enter my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the work week on Sunday or Monday... I bring my own snacks to work also.

It really helps me stay on track and stay motivated!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    i always fill out my meal plan in the morning ususally dinner is first i try to stay btwn 1200-1400 calories just straight food i dont log my exercise very often cause it effects my daily intake and i find eating your burnt calories back is just silly but then again i have a fat-urday once a wk that i allow myself to eat what i want but hey that helps with the sugar cravings and prevents me from feeling the need to binge eat

Just a side note, in case you are a super planner like myself and like to know what you did for exercise, you can always log it in as 1 calorie. That way it doesn't effect your numbers but you have a record of it. :)
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think thats a great idea if you're struggling to stick with the 1200 target. Make sure your dinner is nuritionally balanced with plenty lean protein, veggies are great to fill up on without eating into your total. I am managing to stick to 1200 just now, i find eating smaller meals plus snacks is easier to stick to than, say, eating three 400kcal meals. Experiment and see what works for you. Good luck! x
  • tuppestove
    tuppestove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I AM EATING 1200 CALORIES A WOMAN AT 220 ,DO YOU THINK IT IS TO FEW CALORIES
  • QueenAngieBee
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this program and I have read all the comments. I want to thank all of you for your feedback that is really going to help me out a lot...I am getting excited....Thanks so much for all the uplifting info that you are sharing...
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have to log my food ahead of time, (sometimes for several days) otherwise I would go way over. Then it gives me the opportunity to tweak a few items so I can stay closer to my numbers. Ex: If I'm over on fat I can cut out 1 tsp of margarine in a recipe. It's made a big difference since I started doing it that way. Good luck!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I AM EATING 1200 CALORIES A WOMAN AT 220 ,DO YOU THINK IT IS TO FEW CALORIES
    Please don't shout, normal letters are fine.

How tall are you, and what age. 220 is heavy and enough to sustain a reasonably high loss rate / low calorie intake for some weeks at least.
  • peggyrichmond
    peggyrichmond Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I pre plan my meals also, it is the only way that has worked for me to stay within a 1250 calorie allotment. Fitness pal wants me to add more calories but I do want to lose 2 pounds a week + so using the cal count method, I customized my goals. I have recently lost 45 pounds using weight watcher plan. Just moved over to counting calories but using the same journaling method is about the same as counting the points. I moved my protein calories up from 15% to 30% and my fat and carbs down a bit and I track my fiber, it was giving me like 15 g fiber a day as a goal so I moved it to 25 per day. I eat the good fats, omega 3's, and avoid white carbs like sugar, salt, white flour, pasta. Sodium needs to stay at around 2300, instead of the 3500 they gave me. Not sure how that was calculated but I definitely do not need anymore than the 2300 a day. I have found fiber and protein stay with me longer helping me to feel more satisfied and I am rarely hungry, I have an appetite but I am not really hungry as I eat small meals every three hours. I count snacks as a meal so I am eating 6 meals a day.
  • tuppestove
    tuppestove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a woman at 220 , how many calories do you think i should be eating,:smooched:
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im now doing 1200 but planning my food and doing some exercise too (up to 700 cals a day) so I can eat more but still net that or just below thats how I eat 1200 :-)

Im currently 201 started at 210 and my goal is 143-163 not sure (thats the ideal for my height and frame) :-)
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very low carb and in ketosis, 1200 calories will probably make you so hungry and cranky, it will not be sustainable for long. Logging ahead (and weighing all your food) are good tricks for the planners!
  • nikkialbutg
    Options
    this is my first day , can anyone tell me how the best way to tackle this eating 1200 a day, does anybody have any good tips and ideas :smile:
  • yarwell
    Options
    this is my first day , can anyone tell me how the best way to tackle this eating 1200 a day, does anybody have any good tips and ideas :smile:
    That's a bit of a wide question - can you say what you would normally eat at each meal, what drinks and snacks etc ?
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 1200 calories a day - give or take and I always pre-plan and mostly enter my meals ahead of time and adjust them in the evening if needed

Sometimes I eat over, sometimes (but rarely) under, I will eat SOME of my excercise calories but generally I find I am not hungry, nor cranky, and I have plenty of energy

I aim every day to walk at least 10000 steps and as I am recovering from a broken elbow and a brain injury I am not doing intensive (brain jiggling) excercise

So far this approach has been very sucessful for me - feel free to read my diary
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I log my entire day in the morning. If I find something else that I want to fit in, I log in here and remove other things I intended on eating/adjust portion sizes so I always know how much of something that I can fit in before I even eat it.
    It has helped tons.
  • yarwell
    Options
    I am a woman at 220 , how many calories do you think i should be eating,:smooched:
    Less than you have been.

You could start at 1500, which should be a deficit for most women.

But if you aren't tall or if you have a high % body fat that may be too many, so if you didn't lose after 3-4 weeks you could take 200 off it and so on.
  • nikkialbutg
    Options
    im one of these people who likes cooking for my family nut when its done i dont want to eat eat i tend to just pick at thing sometimes i will eat, bran flakes with bananas, brown brad with a butter, if i do fancie a meal its usually home made lazagna, home made spag boll home made curry i tend to cook things from scratch i also pick at friet crisps choclate that sort of thing when i cant be bothered to eat :smile: