Spacing between meals

Options
2»

Replies

• trishaknighton
    Options
    my nutritionist has told me to always 3 healthy meals and 2 snacks, eat every 3 hrs. no more than 4 hrs. apart, im on a 1200 calorie diet and i do 300 cal and 30 protein for break. lunch and dinner, then my snacks i do 150 cal and 15 protein. you can put them in any order you like just dont go any longer than 4 hrs. good luck
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have to get up early for work so I start off at 4:00 AM

I don't do any break in the afternoon at all. And I drink a gallon of water a day

I am on a 6 meal plan now

First meal. Full Breakfast at 4am

Snack 7:30 usually egg whites and veggies

Small snack 9:00 (sometimes if i am hungry)

Lunch at 11 Full lunch

Snack 2:30 3 (it is usually 3 unless I can get out of a meeting) (salad sometimes fruit)

Dinner is at 6

Workout at 7

Late night snack (some fruit and yogurt, or my favorite Peaches Fruit cups (2) )
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I eat three times a day 5-7 hours apart. I think the constant snacking and mini meals are bad for -- nothing to back that up with, just my belief.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I typically eat my first meal around 1 to 2pm, then I eat the rest of my calories between 6pm and 10pm.

I would absolutely base your meal size and meal frequency around personal preference and lifestyle.

Total intake of calories and macronutrients is critically important. Meal size and frequency isn't.

Yep, it's all about personal preference.

I see no difference in progress/results if I eat smaller meals every 2-3 hours or 2 big meals, whether I eat all of my cals before 6pm or all of them after 6pm. To me, the only difference is that spacing meals out helps keep me in control and I'm less apt to binge. But as long as I hit my macros and my daily calorie goal, it doesn't matter when I eat or how big/small each meal is.
  • shellymoore0919
    Options
    I normally eat 7Am breakfast, 10AM snack, 12PM Lunch, 3PM snack, 6PM dinner
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything between 8pm and 6am...I put 4hour spaces between meals (ie breakfast, lunch and dinner).