The color blue helping with weight loss?

Options
Bring the color blue into your life more often.

There's a good reason you won't see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Losing-Weight/Detail.aspx

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    that is very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Ha! My kitchen's theme is red!!!!

UGH!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options

UGH!

Mine too!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Red is the accent color we used in all the rooms of our house! haha ... except the bedroom, go figure
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

UGH!

Mine too!!

Mine 3! Too funny!
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My kitchen theme is red, yellow, orange, and brown. No wonder I'm so stinkin' hungry every time I walk through the stupid room! Grrr....
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    hmm ... paint party time?
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    well wen u think bout it what foods are actually blue cos even blueberries are sorta purple ish lol no wonder its an appetite killer
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That makes sense to me.. I cant stand drinks with blue caracua in it. Blue drinks make me think of toilet cleaning liquids!!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    My kitchen is blue not sure it helps. LOL maybe we need to paint all our rooms blue and especially the TV room.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    my dining room is robin egg blue and has been for 3 years, maybe it needs to be darker or something? :(I
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start looking for blue plates and bowls, for me, not the rest of my scrawny family, lol.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    "I'm going to start looking for blue plates and bowls, for me, not the rest of my scrawny family, lol. "

I think I will too. See how that works out...because so many red kitchens on a weightloss website seems a little too ironic!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    really - you all buy into this?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    really - you all buy into this?

There's actually a lot of research on the effect of color and music on a person. It really isn't by-chance that a lot of restaurant's decorate in red. Do some research on it then give us your educated opinion.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I won't even go there with you. but really? hey, buy some blue square plates too, cos square plate apparently helps with weight loss... heck, why not forgo the whole plate... because it is the size of the plate that got you here in the first place.

Really folks!! eat properly on whatever color plate you choose.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That makes sense to me.. I cant stand drinks with blue caracua in it. Blue drinks make me think of toilet cleaning liquids!!!

Yikes!!! Thanks for that lovely image!!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    I prefer to think about the beautiful blue sea...... like in your photo!

Interesting idea! Makes sense though..... hmmmm..... most of my dining area is burnt orange!

Red is also used in many stores like: Target, Office Depot, Office Max & Safeway.
    Designed to make us spend more $$$$????? :tongue: :grumble: :explode:
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Do the research ?? Really dont be so critical of other people!!
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    it makes sense, considering there are no real foods that blue, its just when things seem unnatural you will be unable to enjoy it. although. im not sure how much of an effect a plate will have since you arent eating the plate. lol. maybe if you are cooking, try put some blue food coloring. it wont affect the food, but the look of it would definately throw you off.