Nike+ Fuel Band feedback

Options
has anyone on MFP used the Nike+ Fuel Band? If so what are some of the pros vs cons?

Replies

• cmwilson21
    Options
    I have a Nike+ Fuel Band and I really love it. But really, it's all about your personal preference. I'm all about the techy side of things and love gadgets especially when it comes to fitness. The Nike Fuel Band just makes working out a daily game. Set your goal, meet it, go on streaks, see how long you can keep it up. It's a really great conversational piece cause it looks like a regular wristband and then I'll check the time and everyone is like "Whoa!! What is that??" It's cool to keep track of things using the app and syncing to the website. I'm not 100% sold on the accuracy of the calories burned or the steps taken. I sleep with mine one and wake up to see 41 steps already taken? No. It just picked up on enough movement during my sleep and counted it as steps. I got mine set up to only show me what time it is and my Nike Fuel and I pay more attention to meeting my goal.

It has motivated me before though. It'll be the end of the day and I might be short 200 points from my goal. So I'll pull myself off the couch and go for a jog or another quick workout to meet my goal. So it keeps me active and in check. I think it's more for fun and flash than actually recording training data.

The Up band by JawBone seems cool, too. It doesn't tell the time but it tracks a little more stuff, too, like quality of sleep and actually vibrates as an alarm to wake you up. I've heard good and bad about that one, too. It also tracks the food you've eaten but I've heard people question the accuracy of it as well. But might be something worth checking into, though.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    How weird was just about to post the same question, thought I'd do a search first! I'd also be interested in people's opinions. The reviews post it as a rival to fitbit rather than a full hrm
  • shmoopsee
    shmoopsee Posts: 7
    Options
    I have a Nike+ Fuel Band and I really love it. But really, it's all about your personal preference. I'm all about the techy side of things and love gadgets especially when it comes to fitness. The Nike Fuel Band just makes working out a daily game. Set your goal, meet it, go on streaks, see how long you can keep it up. It's a really great conversational piece cause it looks like a regular wristband and then I'll check the time and everyone is like "Whoa!! What is that??" It's cool to keep track of things using the app and syncing to the website. I'm not 100% sold on the accuracy of the calories burned or the steps taken. I sleep with mine one and wake up to see 41 steps already taken? No. It just picked up on enough movement during my sleep and counted it as steps. I got mine set up to only show me what time it is and my Nike Fuel and I pay more attention to meeting my goal.

It has motivated me before though. It'll be the end of the day and I might be short 200 points from my goal. So I'll pull myself off the couch and go for a jog or another quick workout to meet my goal. So it keeps me active and in check. I think it's more for fun and flash than actually recording training data.

The Up band by JawBone seems cool, too. It doesn't tell the time but it tracks a little more stuff, too, like quality of sleep and actually vibrates as an alarm to wake you up. I've heard good and bad about that one, too. It also tracks the food you've eaten but I've heard people question the accuracy of it as well. But might be something worth checking into, though.

I agree. I've had my Nike+ FuelBand for about 3 months. Love the iPhone app and the band really is motivating to me. I know the calorie burn isn't as accurate as HRM, but definitely better than nothing at all. cmwilson21, my screen name on Nike+ is shuga.cube if you'd care to add me.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options

I'm a tech head too, that's how the Fuel Band got my interest. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to order one this weekend. I couldn't find one locally.