Sweet potato anyone !?! Low calorie tasty recipes pls

Options

Replies

• HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    Sweet potato and butternut squash soup. I love it.

Sweet Potato, butternut squash, vegetable stock, low fat creme fraiche and ground cinnamon to taste. It is lovely (and low calorie)
  • _runchick
    Options
    Use as you do with a regular potato... though cut the cooking time down a bit. French fries; baked; mashed; stews etc... the list is ENDLESS... search a recipe site and get ideas....
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wrap in Reynolds Wrap and stab about a dozen times with fork...throw in microwave for 5-8 minutes depending on potato size.

Allow to cool, eat plain.

That's how I do it.

Can we assume you mean plastic wrap??? Not foil obviously :)
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Bumping for later :smile:
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i love my sweet potato and lamb stew curry...yummy!
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I prefer to boil them and then top with a little butter and homemade canned peach jam. OHH so yummy. Plus, I'm a lazy cook and this is easy.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I cut up some last night like fries, put them in a baggy with some olive oil and salt. Shook, then poured a cookie sheet and baked for about 20 minutes at 425. They were super yummy.
    That sounds great, and easy.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes! I roast mine in the oven with fresh rosemary, garlic, fresh black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

Cut your sweet potatoes into chunks (about 2")
    Drizzle olive oil over them (just to lightly coat)
    Sprinkle on a pinch of fresh black pepper,
    Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and 3 or 4 cloves of garlic.

Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Cut into "chips" or "fries" spray with a little Olive Oil spritz, sprinkle with taco seasoning, and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
    Delicious!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I cut my sweet potato in slices and I dice lots of garlic and pour 1 tbsp of olive oil then stringy them with fresh parley and fresh basil leaves non dry. Right now i am avoiding starchy carbs during my weight cut for many reasons.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I boil and mash it plain to eat with my turkey patty once in a while.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I love sliced sweet potato and butternut squash drizzled with a little olive oil and black pepper and roasted in the oven :smile:
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump, I always pan fry them- good topic for other ideas
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I never really used sweet potatoes before, so I would appreciate any advice or recipes you wish to share with me :)

Thanks Everyone :)

After baking one, I open it up and sprinkle pumpkin spice on it... makes a great little dessert :happy:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Roasted Veggie & Black Bean Burritos. SUPER delicious, easy, and filling.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/special-dietary-needs/vegetarian/roasted-veggie-and-black-bean-burritos/
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like to peel and cut them up into french fries...coat with olive oil and bake until tender....yummy!
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I bake them and then add one of the flavored laughing cow wedges to it. It makes it cheesy and delicious!
  • Blasi13
    Blasi13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Homemade sweet potato fries! Toss them in some olive oil, black pepper and garlic salt and bake/roast in the oven.