Brachioplasty?

Options
Who has had it and would you mind sharing your results? This is something I have to seriously consider since I have the genetic chicken wings and they are only getting worse the more I lose and the older I get. No amount of strength training will fix it and it is the one thing that I would really like to change. Any help would be a huge blessing! The cost in my area is around $5,500.00 what did you pay and where?

Thank You!!!
xoxo

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    NO ONE??!?!??? Bummer:(
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had my brachioplasty in 2009 in Houston. Mine cost $3900. I love my arms now even better than when I was thin 20 years ago. I get lots of compliments on them. Best decision ever!! Good luck!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Does it leave a big scar? I think that after all that workout it's just loose skin so it'll be a great confidence boost and you can maintain your body in better shape afterwards
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had my brachioplasty in 2009 in Houston. Mine cost $3900. I love my arms now even better than when I was thin 20 years ago. I get lots of compliments on them. Best decision ever!! Good luck!!

Who was your surgeion? im not far from there!
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    i wanna have mine done too! its just getting floppier. i haven't worn a tank top since highschool.... i also gained a bunch of stretch marks on my upper arms from when i was pregnant. my arms didn't get bigger..... but i got stretch marks.... i need them GONE... and the only way to do that is to cut them off!!
  • megansmith7487
    Options
    I haven't had one done. But i am interested in seeing results. At the begining of the year, I interned at a pediatric Dr office, and the nurse there had just had a full mommy makeover --over $35,000 in work, and that's in Oklahoma with a significant lower cost of living!-- But she had brachioplasty included in there, and I saw how much was removed, albeit she was still swollen when I left and I never saw complete results...

For those that HAVE done it, can you post after pics of the scar?
  • tica1128
    Options
    I had it in 2008. I have since gained 60 lbs (after losing 100 before surgery) after the birth of my son. The scar is quite large but has faded....but it doesnt matter. It was hands down , the best decision I have ever made. Mine was $11,000 in CA, but that was also breast lift and augmentation.
  • sweetsong1129
    Options
    Hi friends. I just had my brachioplasty last week. Took my first look at the incision and results up close today and I am SO THRILLED. I will take these scars over those horrible bat wings. Also, my arms are hard and taut all the way around. They look so amazing. I'm healing really well, and the recovery was uncomfortable but completely do-able. I spent $7000 at Mass General and highly recommend it. I paid out of pocket and I don't think my insurance will cover it but I'm going to try anyway. I highly recommend a brachioplasty if you are uncomfortable and self-conscious, don't wear tank tops or short sleeves, and are relatively fit and have a stable weight (you don't want to have the surgery and then just fill out/stretch your arms back out). I was 280 before WLS and now a steady 180 at 5'8" (have been for 5 years). YAY! ARMS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!