I'm new, it's day 1

Options
Hello everyone.This is day one for me. I'm hoping I can make some progress on my journey. I've been over weight my ENTIRE life. I'm a mom, a wife and I just want to reach a healthy weight so I can participate in life without feeling like it's too hard or like I don't fit in with everyone else. Feel free to "friend" me, I don't know anyone on here and it would be nice to find friends I can support and who can support me back. :smile:

Replies

• xiola511
    xiola511 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi - I'm a newbie as well! I'm a mom of four girls, youngest is 4, & just want to be able to keep up with them! Feel free to add me:)
  • Amymp72
    Amymp72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ I just started today too! I always say I want to lose weight but it never seems to happen so I am really motivated after going on a 3.5 mile bike ride last night. I want to lose weight so I like what I see when I look at myself and so I am healthy and here for my children, they are my life. I have a daughter who is nine years old and a son who is seven years old. Hopefully, we can make this journey a successful one together.
  • densta1968
    Options
    Hey I'm new too. So busy with family and working 2 jobs that I seldom focus on me - then SHAZAM! I'm overweight and under excercised and feeling so blah. Good luck to both of you and please add me!! :happy:
  • jezzydoll
    Options
    Welcome! you will love it ehre! it is a greay program to use! very hepful! feel free to add me!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Hey all! Welcome to MFP! It's definitely addicting, and a wonderful site when you surround yourself with the right people! Feel free to add me! :)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've been here a little over a month....anyone feel free to add me
  • Niahboo
    Niahboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me, 5 since i have not been committed. Feel free to add me to because I'm ready to drink water, walk everday for 45 min -1 hour and consume any food after 8pm.
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me (and anyone else that needs friends, add me if you'd like) I really think you'll love this site :)
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an awesome site....come here often as there is always advice on the boards to read! And some really great recipes too!
  • Fishingalok
    Options
    It is day one for me too!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Here's a word of encouragement. It gets easier. Once you start eating better and exercising, suddenly you want to only eat good things and you feel the need to exercise.

I have never been small either, and have never been fit. But I have been doing this for about 6 weeks and yesterday I was in the grocery and couldn't even walk down the aisle with the Hohos and stuff, because it smelled so disgusting! And, I really start itching to move every day.

So, hang in there, you'll get over a hump and then it will be second nature to you.
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Its day one for me too. I have around 100lbs to lose, there is no going back anymore.
  • tinytinam
    tinytinam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined in June, so if you want a bit of perspective and hear a little bit of success, please add me. I have two teenage kids and trying to get in shape.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you are so going to enjoy it here.....everyone is WONDERFUL!!! feel free to add me
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all you new folks! I've been here about 3 weeks now, and I think it's very helpful.

The biggest things I've learned here are: don't beat yourself up when you backslide. Instead, pick yourself up and keep going. Log everything you eat (I know I need to be better at this).

Feel free to friend me. I don't bite... much.
  • bultinck
    Options
    Hello I'm new. 40lbs to lose. I feel dreadful, fed up and fat. I really need to do this.

I need some help please. Can anyone tell me - not very computer literate I'm afraid - is there a list of calories anywhere and how do I access it. Many thanks.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've been here since February but started me journey in December. I'm here everyday. I've only missed one day actually since I started MFP only because I was in the mountains and couldn't get a signal to save my life. Anyhoo. I'm on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and I still eat plenty of food. I exercise as much as possible. Read my profile and send me a request if you think we're compatible. :) I like to do challenges with my friends and we push each other to try as hard as we can and believe me I still have bad days but not nearly as frequently as when I first started. I also prep meals 2 weeks in advance and freeze them so I'm less tempted to order out. Good Luck! You will love this site. It's wonderful and so are the people. You will find support in all sorts of ways!
  • dmclement917
    Options
    Welcome yall! This place is great for people who need support and motivation. Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • Berger2011
    Options
    Welcome newbies!! Althought I am not NEW been a member for about a year and half, I go up and down with working out, losing weight, etc. but this time I am all in. I have made friends here and love their support. I will support you in any way I can and feel free to add me!!!
  • Tina0928
    Options
    I'm new also. This is day 2 and I've lost 3.5lbs. Everyone is so supportive and wonderful. I love MFP already. Sent request.