Having a "I'm so hungry!" day

Options
Hi all - I'm having one of those days where I am just really physically hungry and can't seem to satisfy it. I've been doing lots of yoga and strength training over the past few weeks so maybe it's increased muscle mass?

My question is: how do you handle these hungry days? What do you eat that seems to quiet the hunger beast?

I've had two yogurts, a hard boiled egg and 2 oz of lowfat cheese, all in the past two hours - but I'm still hungry! Lunch isn't until 2pm today so any and all tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Maybe a banana for some carbs?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'll eat any meat....but not everyone eats meat. :)
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    More water?

I hate days like that, but we all have them. Just try to eat healthy. Maybe some more nuts, just to "munch" on something. Like portion out an ounce and just munch slowly on them over the next hour or so. Might help distract you a little bit.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Popcorn airpopped is the lowest in calories but you can pop anybpopcorn in a brown paperbag in the microwave just use the microwave setting or if you dont have that just judge it buy the sound when you stop hearing alot of pops take it out of the microwave. I like to put I cant believe its not butter spray on it.
  • Vegansweetie19
    Options
    These days are so tough. I usually give in and eat too much but you can fight it!! Eat lots of protein in your diet. I love kashi go lean crunch with vanilla soy milk. It satisfies my sweet tooth while filling me up because it has over 15 grams of protein! :) try nuts baby carrots with hummus or go on a walk outdoors. The outdoors helps you clear your mind and is proven to help cravings. But if you're hungry, bottom line is to eat! Your body's telling you something girl :)
    Great job!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Fiber helps me feel full. Maybe a granola bar (a low sugar one), lara bar, dried fruit, hummus with fresh veggies, etc., will help you to feel full.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Maybe a salad with tons of veggies on it? That way you can eat a lot and chew a lot without destroying your calorie intake for the day.

I know that sometimes the physical act of eating helps me :)
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was having one of these days yesterday, just NEVER ENDING HUNGER. What I find helps me is eating half of a whole wheat bagel with a little bit on natural peanut butter on it. The mix of protein, fiber, and carbs really does the job! When I try to eat my healthy go to snacks (yogurt or cheese) it's never enough, so I just end up eating even more.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tea and that takes my mind off the hungry feeling :)
  • fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i eat some peanut butter. just dont eat to much!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    honestly, if these days come pretty infrequently (once/month), i just let myself go with it. I'll ignore the calories and just eat b/c that's clearly what my body needs/wants (within reason). But this also usually lines up w/ my TOM, so I try to give myself a break.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today!!! I had breakfast but even while I was eating, I was thinking "I think I'd like more food." But I'm about to go to the gym to weigh in and I don't want to eat more!

I find that these days happen when I'm not getting enough protein, so I think today I'm making a steak for dinner!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Have you had any fluids to drink today? Your body actually can't really differentiate between thirst and hunger, so you may actually need to drink something. Try that and see if the feeling subsides.
  • jshort152
    Options
    A cup of veggies (I think steamed makes you feel more full) usually works well with few calories and a lot of vitamins you need, you can also try rice cakes or just regular rice if you have plenty of carbs for the day, hope this helps!!
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options
    About 4 egg whites and some cottage cheese sometimes works for me...overload protein.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm like that the day after leg day quite a bit! I've been told to increase carbs and calories on leg days to cut down on being so hungry the following day. Sounds like you're in the same boat I was in last week though and the damage is already done. Best advice I can give you today is eat! Fill up on good carbs and lean proteins until you're satisfied. Listen to your body, it will tell you when to eat and when to stop.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I hate those days. Normally I'll let myself eat as much as I want, as long as I stick to healthy foods. I usually go over on calories, but I'm under so often that I feel it all balances out. Give your body what it needs!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When I have days like that (and there are many - lol), I usually add Flax seed meal to my yogurt or in my smoothies anything. The fiber and omega 3's are suppose to curb some of our hunger. I know it works for me. Good luck! :happy:
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    extra dessert gum!!! The flavors are great and I add in more water. I am sure you are getting enough water, but if you are not you body can confuse thirst for hunger.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I usually have those days when I havent had enough sleep. It makes me ravenous for carbs because my body is desperately trying to get energy.

So you could have a nap, eat lots of carbs and workout loads, drink tonnes of water or sleep it out!