How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I find myself on the scale first thing ever morning and sometimes at night but I record my morning weight all the time.

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i always always weigh myself every day when i wake up bout three times befoer i start eatin

but never ever at night ever especially after a binged

:flowerforyou:
  • Mojo_34
    Mojo_34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like once a week, likes Friday mornings, give me something to shoot for!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but I track a five day average - one day that's up or down doesn't get me too excited :indifferent: but when my 5 day average keeps going down I know I'm on the right track. I take my measurements twice a month.:smile:
  • Melissa09x
    Options
    I try to weigh myself just once every week, but if you haven't got alot to loose I would try every 2 weeks as then you should see more loss which will keep u motivated & help u stay on track :wink: :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Once a week on "FAT Tuesdays"! :laugh:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Daily or every other day. Doesn't matter what research says, for ME I need that daily accountability. Otherwise, I get off track.
  • bestmomtr
    bestmomtr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily for me, seems to help keep me on track. Also log it daily on the Wii.
  • MissyLovesMangos
    Options
    Every morning when I get up - NEVER at night, because it is always at least 2 pounds heavier (which makes NO sense to me) lol! I will also get on the scale before I am dumb enough to eat in the middle of the night when I have insomnia - doesn't ALWAYS stop me, but it helps lol!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I get up. However, I only record it into MFP once a week - usually on Saturdays.
  • tiggers
    tiggers Posts: 20
    Options
    it seems like I'm on there every day sometimes i wonder if that's a good idea or not. I'm going to enter my weight once a week though.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i wiegh myself every morning when i get up, that is supposed to be your true weight. I need to do it every dayto stay on track as well.!!
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning. It's just habit now.
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and only bought a scale a few days ago. I swear when there is a scale in the house I feel like I live on it. I have tried really hard not to that this week. I weigh myself every morning when I get up but have decided to only record on MFP once a week on Fridays.
  • Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    Options
    i need to do it daily just to show myself its working..ive logged my weight lose over last week a few times but ONLY because i was feeling so down :( now i feel more positive! :D xxx
  • jellybelly09
    Options
    I usually weigh in daily but Ive asked my boyf to hide the scales for me...
    Its an obsessive habit. Id rather get a nice surprise once a week :)
  • mkeilbach
    Options
    We have a Wii and about the Wii Fit for xmas so now I jump on every morning to get my weight and BMI and then do about 30 minutes of exercise. I love it! :bigsmile:
  • swopeswick
    swopeswick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every Monday through Friday. However, I have to admit that I am one to be totally focused during the week, but let up a bit during the weekend... I love food and the occasional cocktail! So, it is interesting to me to see where I have gotten throughout the week and then again to see the damage I've done over the weekend on Monday. The good thing is, this has worked for me as I've lost 35 pounds in the past 8 months. But, I have been stuck in a zone between 205 and 212 for a couple of months now. On top of that, I have been running real hard 3 to 5 times per week and have gotten to a level where I am running 6 to 7 miles per session at around an 8 min/ mile pace and I try to hit the weights 2 to 3 times per week (although that has been seriously lacking the last 3 months). So, I am burning off a ton of calories during the week. If I could ever get focused during the weekend, I might actually lose that last 10 - 15 pounds! LOL Usually on Monday I am somewhere around 210 - 212 and by the end of the week I am sitting at around 205. I don't regularly record my weight on MFP because of the fluctuations. So, when it hits 205, yes, I am excited, but until routinely maintain that weight for a week or 2, I will not log it. Instead I keep my recorded weight at the high end of my fluctuation range.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh myself everyday. It is the only I can stay on track and not be tempted to live in denial if I have indulged too much. Some mornings I just don't want to deal with it, but I have to or else I could slip bad to old habits and ruin everything I have worked for.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I step on the scale several mornings a week, but the official weigh in is Friday mornings.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning just to see where I am standing, but I only record Friday morning weighins.