Anyone have flat feet?

Options
2»

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol, when did I say it was wrong to go to a doctor. I think your trying to cause drama. don't take good honest advice and turn it bad cramernh. just because something works that you do not agree with don't be rude. do some reasearch, I have said nothing untrue. these problems can be CURED usually with a lifestyle change concerning footwear.

http://www.americaspodiatrist.com/2010/11/can-barefoot-running-walking-fix-flat-feet/

It was not being rude... it was being honest... your post basically stated she shouldnt be using the insoles that were recommended by her physician.... a very bad assumption on your part about me and also against the OP.

Clearly the doctor the OP saw knows more about them, their current medical situation, etc....

your right of course, the OP shouldn't try anything that might help outside of putting the same bandaid back on the problem. your an idiot

No.. .Im not the idiot.

The fact the OP consulted a Podiatrist is the smarter avenue to take.. Your "research" is counterproductive nor does it address the OP's previous or current medical history. To suggest anything that doesnt have the "MD" after your name in real life can cause more harm to someone.

Me, the idiot? I think not.

Cramenh, why are you making a mountain out of nothing? He didn't said anything wrong in the first thread. Leave the thread alone with your negativity please.

Lets stop fighting and keep the thread for positive things here
  • paulstone1967
    Options
    Iam a big guy with real flat feet, I tried getting different shoes from people advice and they may work for awhile but they would start to breakdown and i was buying shoes like crazy I have a cousin who has flat feet and is a large guy. He went and got arch supports I went about a week after he told me about how great he was feeling, it was free to get looked at and only cost a few hundred bucks.
    They were a bit uncomfortable and took a while to adjust to but i could till in the store walking around how much better i was feeling and they also really helped with a bad rolling problem I had. This has been over a year and doing great.
    I'm pretty sure the store was called Ideal Feet.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I wear New Balance and get wide. And yes running shoes they have more support.

I have new balance as well and I wear thorlo insoles for extra support
  • run3263
    run3263 Posts: 1
    Options
    After years of orthotics and trying every shoe out there, I finally spoke with my podiatrist about other options. I had really bad flat feet and it caused me pain not only in my feet, but back and knees. I had the hyprocure surgery done on both feet last year and it is the best thing I have ever done.

I can run again without pain, I even get to wear normal shoes and no orthotics.
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I go to a store called The Walking Company which has one of those machines which you stand on and it tells you the type of insole which will work with your feet. I am partial to them because their insoles are really, really cushioned which helps with my heel pain. The key part is once you buy them you need to get shoes that will work with them (not too narrow - if the insole is moving around it's not doing it's job. My mom whose in her 70's uses their insoles in her golf shoes and her other shoes as well. Let's just say there was a point where I couldn't walk on my feet without shooting pains and the insoles made a huge difference for me.

THIS!