Level 2 of the 30DS Question

Options
I'm on day 4 of Level 2 (I'm doing 10 days on each level) and I'm thinking of moving on to Level 3 after completing the week (which makes it only 7 days on level 2). Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

The reason I would like to move on to L3 is simply because all the plank moves in L2 are very difficult for me--but not because it's too tough, but b/c I have slippery floors. There's no carpeting in my house and my feet slip all over the place. I've tried it with sneakers, barefoot, slippers, flip flops, but to no avail. I end up doing push-ups, jumping jacks, and ab work during some of the plank moves just to keep moving. I'm afraid that because I'm substituting I'm not getting the full intensity of the workout and should just move on to L3.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You should be using a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard and/or slippery surface. They're really cheap.
  • mrssmith1999
    mrssmith1999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should be using a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard and/or slippery surface. They're really cheap.

Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for stating the obvious, LOL! Off to buy a yoga mat...
  • katiegregory23
    katiegregory23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

^^this. I actually use rubber gym flooring instead of a yoga mat for more shock absorption. Level 3 still has some plank moves, so you will still have to do them. I sweat a ton, and actually had to add additional pieces of flooring to give me spots to do my plyo moves without slipping on the sweat.
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, the yoga mat would be a great idea. Good Luck!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yoga mat or I do them near a wall and that stops me from sliding, but it makes my wall dirty.