Ladies with relaxers in their hair..?

Options
2»

Replies

• angelamarie609
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! I'm definitely going to Wal-mart and pick up some headbands!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    My hair is natural now, but I used to have a very light relaxer, just for control. I usually just put it up in a ponytail. If my hair got really sweaty but was not really dirty, afterwards in the shower I would vigorously rinse my hair for a minute or two and then add conditioner. I rarely blew my hair out straight -- too much upkeep, didn't always look good, damaged my hair's texture.
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I get my hair relaxed every six weeks. When I go to the gym (about 5x a week) I wear it in a high ponytail or clip it back. However, I do get my hair professionally washed every week to keep my scalp clean and my hair light. Also I do not put any products in my hair to allow my scalp to breathe.
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually put my hair in a high ponytail and use a head band. So far that has worked ok but there are days I just want to braid it up so I won't have to mess with it.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't have a relaxer but I was wearing my hair pressed/straightened, and I put it in a ponytail and wore a scarf. I was putting it in a bun, but it seemed like all my hair was soaked, versus just the hair close to my scalp so I changed it up to a ponytail. And yes, don't unwrap until your hair is dry. Also what helped me for styling the next day is if I did a quick blowdry to my hair before I wrapped it for the night. Blowdrying then re-wrapping it really helped it look better the next day.

Good luck girly, I know its a lot of maintenance, hence is why I just put in some double strand twists and I've been able to take my routine up a notch without having to worry about sweating my hair out all the time.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I usually put my hair in a pony tail and use a thick headband around the edges. That helps a lot in preventing my hair line from sweating too much.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I get a relaxer every six to eight weeks and I use a headband and a hair clip. After I wash I either do a wet set or air dry. I do classes in a hot room along with regular gym activities. Don't know what I would do without a relaxer!
  • heatherxjane
    Options
    What does your 30 day shred consist of? Just curious! Im willing to try any thing :)
  • itsCanCan
    itsCanCan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been trying out the "Save Your Do" wide wrap for about a week and it works! I brush my hair back off of my face and put the back in a ponytail. My hair gets a little damp, but once it dries, it good as new! Sweat used to make my edges curl up, and since i've been using the wrap my relaxer still looks fresh! ENJOY! Let me know if it works for you!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just hi ponytail it. My head needs to breathe!!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love it when girls go natural. So pretty. I heard that is just as hard to keep up as the relaxer IDK I'm white. Black people are so pretty to look at.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love it when girls go natural. So pretty. I heard that is just as hard to keep up as the relaxer IDK I'm white. Black people are so pretty to look at.
    :huh: Speechless...lol.
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :huh: Speechless...lol.
    ROFL I knew I was gonna get that! I know it is a creepy stalker statement but it is true. I have always thought black people are so pretty. I thought it sounded creepy but I posted anyway. I really feel that way. Sorry if I offended you!
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ponytail or tight bun for me. However, I don't take it down until it's dry.