What will I look like...?

Options
Is anyone else worried about what they'll look like when they reach their goal weight?

I'm a little worried that I won't recognise the person staring back at me. Probably stupid but I've been fat for so long I just can't picture myself any other way.

Replies

• shellyroseg
    shellyroseg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not worried about that at all!! What I am actually looking forward to seeing people and not having them recognize me.
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm just worried I still won't like what I see in the mirror.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wonder what I look like now that I am at goal. I see the same girl in the mirror that started at 240lbs. So weird.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options

This.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I feel ya. What if I reach my goal and am still not satisfied with what I see in the mirror? You know what I've been telling myself when my thoughts go there? I tell myself it's not all about the look, it's really about being able to be a picture of health the healthy way. Then I begin planning my meals or my schedule for the following day. Followed by reading and meditating on a few inspirational biblical passages and quotes.
  • jane2436
    jane2436 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get this. I was a rake most of my life and constantly told I should eat more. So I did! Now I find when I start to feel skinny I panic a bit, that I'm not eating enough. Its weird and annoying. So Instead of thinking about how I'll look, I'm thinking about being healthy and being my best. Whatever that looks like is fine with me.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When I reached my first goal I didn't think I looked any different. Then I found old pictures and went "ohmigosh!". I look completely different from back then.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wasn't fat until I had my kids. Most of my life I have been a normal weight and fit. So I am honestly looking forward to seeing myself in my old body again. (but now I have a few gray hairs, stretch marks, and scars)
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I can see how you could feel that way. However, when you put on that little bitty pair of jeans and zip them up I think you'll find you're gonna feel great. :heart:
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm only worried about how I'll look naked.... I've always been overweight and after 2 kids I wonder how my skin will look after losing the weight I've been carrying around for so long.