Height Pros/Cons

Options

Replies

• reenasamaan
    reenasamaan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5''!

Pros:
    -I rarely have to deal with clothing that's too short on me.
    -I can wear 5" heels and still be shorter than my fella (which I like).
    -I'm pretty "Average." My height is not something about me that stands out. And sometimes you just don't want to stand out.

Cons:
    -I think a lot of great clothing looks ace on taller women. See: high waist jeans, maxi skirts, flowy tops, tea-length anything. Heels definitely help but sometimes, your feet just don't want 'em.
    -Gotta lose more weight to notice a difference. I thought I'd be happy at 135 lbs and really wasn't - even though it's in the middle of my acceptable weight range for my height.

Honestly, I feel my 'best' if I'm wearing heels... but I think it's less to do with how I feel about my height and more how you carry yourself. It takes a special balance :)
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    6'4 Tower of Power

Pros..... limitless

Cons....EXPENSIVE...can't get the bargain furniture, clothes, cars, I really wanted a smart car..but until they make a SUV I am screwed!
    Tower of Power. I effin' love that. I'm totally stealing that,
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    6'4 Tower of Power

Pros..... limitless

Cons....EXPENSIVE...can't get the bargain furniture, clothes, cars, I really wanted a smart car..but until they make a SUV I am screwed!
    Tower of Power. I effin' love that. I'm totally stealing that,
    By all means it's yours!
  • mmeddleton
    mmeddleton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    5' 8" here.

To be honest, it's not something I ever gave much thought to. I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin.

Pros: It probably helped keep my noggin relatively dent-free while serving on submarines and it makes it pretty easy to get in and out of my Porsche.

Cons: Apparently, it is a big deal to a lot of people.
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    oh another thing- I'm 5'4" and my fiance is around 5'7-5'8" and it doesn't bother me at all :)
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    im 5'4
    so id say its pro i like tall but not too tall just tall enough he can throw me around lmao :laugh:
    and maybe pro again on women i like pettie women i ususally throw them around also ... :devil:
    con - its hard for me to find skinny jeans,pants that are shorter inseam , also if i gain a bit look heavy cause im short and big boobies :noway:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" with a small frame.

Pros - I love my long legs, I play volleyball and have good "ups", my pants always fit perfectly for length, I can weigh more and wear a small size.

Cons - I "heart" heals but don't like being taller than my husband, I don't feel dainty, I always wanted to be "pocket sized"
  • I'm 5'2.

Con - If I gain 5 pounds it shows. I don't fit into most clothes unless they are for juniors so it makes me look a lot younger than I really am.

Pro - I can date almost any guy. Most guys are taller than me so it works.

I really wish I was taller :(
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    5' 8" here.

To be honest, it's not something I ever gave much thought to. I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin.

Pros: It probably helped keep my noggin relatively dent-free while serving on submarines and it makes it pretty easy to get in and out of my Porsche.

Cons: Apparently, it is a big deal to a lot of people.
    Your attitude is awesome. Just sayin'. ;D
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my husband is 6'4. I could wear 7" heels if I wanted to (ha!), but we like being tall. It makes us feel more intimidating... we get to look down at a lot of people.

... Is that mean to say? Lol.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 barefoot.

The cons -

almost every man I meet is face level with my tits, and since they are awesome, I just wont be able to get his attention. Plus I never feel safe when Im with someone smaller than me, and I like to feel safe with my significant other, not like I will have to be the one protecting them and always big spoon.

I cant really walk into a place unnoticed or blend in

I get "Amazon" a lot, which hurts to hear because it sounds so huge and aggressive and oversized.

When you tell people how much you weigh, even if you are fit, they balk. A hundred and seventy what????

Pros

When a man can pick you up and toss you around, its a testament to his awesome strength, because he'll need it to be able to do that

As a simple machine, I have advantages

I have legs for days

I can weigh 170 pounds and wear very little clothing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    5'8"

Pros: Tall enough to ride roller coasters

Cons: Can't dunk a basketball (I can touch the rim)

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    6'1"

Pros: I can gain 10 lbs of fat and it doesn't look like much
    Cons: I can gain 10 lbs of muscle and it doesn't look like much

6'0", absolutely!

Other Pro: People notice you as soon as you enter the room. Good when I'm feeling sexy!
    Other Con: People notice you as soon as you enter the room. Bad when I'm feeling blah!
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get "Amazon" a lot, which hurts to hear because it sounds so huge and aggressive and oversized.
    When I hear "Amazon" I think tall, confident, self-sufficient, sure-as-hell-ain't-dainty-but-still-SEXY-AS-HELL, strong but still feminine. But maybe I'm strange. ;)
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 barefoot.

The cons -

almost every man I meet is face level with my tits, and since they are awesome, I just wont be able to get his attention. Plus I never feel safe when Im with someone smaller than me, and I like to feel safe with my significant other, not like I will have to be the one protecting them and always big spoon.

When you tell people how much you weigh, even if you are fit, they balk. A hundred and seventy what????

Pros

When a man can pick you up and toss you around, its a testament to his awesome strength, because he'll need it to be able to do that

As a simple machine, I have advantages

I have legs for days

I can weigh 170 pounds and wear very little clothing.

Im in love, Im 6ft. just sayin lol
  • Fabulous0318
    Options
    I'm 6'0" tall and have been since the 8th grade. there are no cons, it's only pros. some guys don't like tall women, but that's their con, not mine! :bigsmile:

This!
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    6'1, not really tall just taller

pros: girls think im tall and i can wear a much heavier weight pretty dang well
    cons: not really tall enough to date most women who like to where heels in my own ethnic group (who are usual taller than 5'5-5'7). making 5" heels, which women love, a problem
  • luvva_luvva
    Options
    5'10''

Pros: can dance, and not fall over, but am still taller than most women :P

Cons: Women seem to dig tall men (ie, over 6'0'')
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    6'2"

Pros - seeing over crowds and getting a good view of stuff:smile:

Cons - occasionally banging head on things :cry:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    5 11

Pros: I can reach things without a ladder. Changing lightbulbs is way easier. I like feeling tall and strong.
    Cons: finding clothes that fit! Not just in the legs but the sleeves too. Being asked jillion times growing up if I played for the basketball team. Short guys. :D