How do you get rid of dark circles under your eyes?

Options
I have had dark circles under my eyes forever. I also have allergies and was told they caused these dark circles. Has anyone used any lotions or potions to get rid of dark circles?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Aveeno makes an anti-fatigue eye treatment that I've been trying. It seems to be making a small difference.
  • panthra
    panthra Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will look for that. I wonder if there is something I am lacking like a vitamin or something that causes them. I take a multivitamin everyday and usually get enough sleep but they won't go away. The make me look 10 years older than I am and hate that! lol
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I too have dark circles not caused my lack of sleep...LOL

Anyways, I have not bought it yet, just tried a demo of it....but Mary Kay makes this anti dark circle cream and oh my gosh!! Within 30 seconds of putting some under my one eye, you could totally tell the difference. The difference was HUGE!!!

It's expensive so I have not bought it yet, but I really want to!!!
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I have those too, sometimes it looks like I have black eyes - it's quite lucky I wear glasses really so they aren't as noticeable. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to ask about them actually.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Eating well, drinking enough and sleeping well helps mine. And Sally Hansen's under eye brightener from Carmindy (makeup artist from What Not To Wear) is good for when you don't get all three.

http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Concealer-Brightener-Carmindy/dp/B002LOZWXI

But that is an absolutely TERRIBLE price for it. I've found it for under $9 at Rite Aid or Walgreens.
  • akw1989
    akw1989 Posts: 9
    Options
    bump!
  • Rhonda_A
    Rhonda_A Posts: 17
    Options
    I have dark circles also. I was told at a spa by a therapist that they get worse if you don't drink enough water.
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My doctor informed me that I have the circles under my eyes because I have low iron. So I periodically take iron pills. Not all the time though because it does stuff you up :noway:
  • LostinFat77
    LostinFat77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine get like that when I drink or eat foods with cow's milk. Cheese not so bad and even ice cream. Straight white juice and my face looks a mess the next day. Not to mention, I'm doubled over in pain.

So it may not be airborne or skin allergies, it could be food.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I have always had dark circles and to make it worse, it's like my skin has created a channel making it even more noticeable.

Taking allergy medicine helps, if my allergies are acting up the darkness gets worse. Also being Anemic can cause this. Unfortunately I battle both of these and have to always wear foundation to look even half descent when I go out into public.

I use vitamin K cream, and it does help. But I haven't found anything that makes it go away completely. :sad:
  • reilles
    reilles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here is a good article about dark circles. This website is good for busting beauty myths. They say that apparently there is not much you can do about dark circles except protect your skin from the sun and use a good cover-up. http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shed-some-light-on-dark-circles.aspx
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine almost completely disappeared after I fould out I was allergic to wheat and cut it out of my diet. They told me they were called "allergy shiners" and that food allergies are a huge culprit.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Some dark circles under your eyes are food intolerance that people are unaware of. I have heard of products that help but I have never personally tried them.

Since finding many of the intolerences I personally have they have lightened.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    There is an under-eye concealer made by Tarte that will help with puffiness (it works great for that actually), but as far as lightening, I have yet to find anything except covering it up with a good concealer.
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    I just saw on the show The Doctors to brew tea, put the tea bag in the freezer and then use the cold used tea bag as an eye compress. The cold and the caffeine constricts the blood vessels and reduces swelling and discoloration. Good luck! :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've had them all my life. Nothing can be done about them. I've just grown to accept them.
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Do you take any allergy medication. Doctor's advised that for my daughter's allergy related dark circles and it helped. She's taking claritin.
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Water is a must! But also you could try some green tea bags soaked in cold water, lay back and place one over each eye. Instead of paying a ton of money for creams...you can buy a box of tea bags for a couple bucks and get results as well! Good luck!

*I am a licensed cosmetologist and this is what I used when I gave facials to clients!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I just throw some concealer on it.
    But I wouldnt mind an actual solution.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    for me, staying hydrated reduces them the most. i don't have allergies, but i do have dark circles and i think it's also related to sleep.

as for makeup to cover it, i've found that the Bobbi Brown corrector (i use the shade Light Bisque) works amazingly to cover/brighten that area. i've tried loads of high end and drugstore concealers but this has been the best.