I have an evil twin on Facebook

Options
13»

Replies

• sunshinelady512
    sunshinelady512 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My first name is fairly common, but I go by a three-part name - I always use first, middle, and last, not just first and last. So I am the only person on FB with my full name. If you take out my middle name there are four other women with the same name plus one with a different middle name, but none of them seem like an "evil twin", though.

Also, when I Google my name (without my middle name), I find several references to a woman with my last name as her maiden name and then a married name. When I Google my whole name, all I find is Me.... and references to me that I didn't even know where out there - some of which have wrong information... including my age as being younger than I actually am. One of the first things that comes up when I Google my name, though, is the reference to me in my mother's obituary! (The second thing that comes up when you Google my husband's name is his father's obituary - since they have the same name.)
  • ppalmieri
    Options
    i didnt look on facebook but my name is very uncommon...well not that much ..theres someone else with my full name in Alabama...I do know two other Paulettes...on that works with me and one through mututal friends..when either of them see me they go..Hi Paulette and I go...Hi Paulette...freaks people out!!!!!LOL
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am the one and only!! but if i google then im apparently a male lifeguard...if i google my maiden name im a gorgeous german model..

lifes a *****...
  • helencita13
    helencita13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am the only one. But I have a long annoying German last name.
    Tip for the single ladies: Find out his last name BEFORE you fall in love with him! :wink:
    And I had a long German last name before so keeping mine wasn't much better of an option lol.

According to google..I died in 1986 from a stroke. :frown:
    and apparently I have a 'MyLife' profile - wtf is that, must find a way to delete
  • moesaid2
    moesaid2 Posts: 67
    Options
    I friended a guy on FB with the same name as my brother...he even looked like him and was the same age (my brother lives in San Diego, so I hadn't seen him in a couple of years). And I would send him messages just like he was my brother.

Then one day he started putting up pics of his new baby. I was furious because I thought my brother had a baby and didn't tell anyone (just like when he got married in the military and didn't tell anyone). I told my family and everyone was shocked...

I started getting suspicious and it took me a while to realize that it wasn't my brother....I was quite embarrassed and apologized to the guy over and over again before I unfriended him. Then I started looking at my dad suspiciously and wondered if he was indeed my brother because he looked like other family members. Of course I started questioning my dad......He claims that he don't know who the guy is, but I'm not so sure...
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I Google my name (which is not a common name) some dumb girls myspace page comes up with the dumbest *kitten* written all over it and I'm terrified someone will Google me and mistake the page as mine.

When I Google my name, I get a lot of links to newspaper articles I wrote a long time ago. The other me is a Ph.D. or something, so either way I look pretty good.

lucky!

here are some examples of comments left on her profile..

Y0O CHiCKADEE MiSS YAH HUNN...HOW ARE YOUH DOiN??? i SOO CANT WAiT UNTiL WE CAN CHiLL BECAUSE i WiLL GET YOUR *kitten* PiSS DRUNK ...&+ YOU WiLL BE LOViN iT L0L..BUT HOPEFULLY i WiLL GET MY FONE SOON SO i CAN GiVE YAH MY NUMBER SO WE CAN TEXT EACH OTHER L0L...THAT SOUNDS LiKE FUNN L0L..<3

and another..

KK B00 B00 ..L0L WELL i DUNNO iF iMA BE COMMiN UP DERE NOW BECAUSE i HAVE A LOT OF **** TO DO BEFORE i GO BACK TO SCHOOL..i HAVE TO GO SHOPPiN &+ **** TO GET STUFF FOR SCHOOL..BUT DEFF KEEP iN TOUCH WiTH ME MAYBE YOUH CAN COME DOWN AFTER THE HOLiDAYS TO CHiLL iF YAH WANNA...<3 YAH CHiCKEN HEAD UR GiRL ALWAYS LiL JACKiW <3

Hilarious and scary at the same time!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    First name or last name too? My first name is very popular!!!!
  • Jessica_909
    Options
    I just googled my name. First, middle, and last and found one girl. She also lives and California AND she was born only 5 days before me. That's odd.
  • geri09
    geri09 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi
    Can you report her to facebook surely? see this article about it being illegal to do it... - http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100601/0401229640.shtml

Hope that helps

G