Carb rich lunch & sleepiness

Options
Does anyone know the correlation between eating a lunch that's carb rich (pizza) and then becoming very sleepy? It's as if the food goes straight to my eyelids and makes it hard to focus or do anything; quite lethargic feeling, if I had to guess.:sad:

Replies

• wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Feeling sleepy after meals is a common symptom of insulin resistance, a risk factor for diabetes.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Eat all of your daily carbohydrates a few hours before bedtime, avoid carbohydrates during active hours...carbs fuel a cascade that leads to melatonin production/sleepiness...best use them to your advantage.

People who exercise regularly and eat reasonably (not eating/drinking refined sugary garbage) have nothing to fear about insulin. Don't let people scare you into being a carbaphobe for fear of Diabetes
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Don't let people scare you into being a carbaphobe for fear of Diabetes
    Says the 25 year old...

lol
  • VMarkV
    Options
    Don't let people scare you into being a carbaphobe for fear of Diabetes
    Says the 25 year old...

lol
    Says the chemist/pharmacy student, who happens to have grown up with a diabetic brother and mother pharmacist
    This is why I don't like posting in forums anymore, too many faceless know-it-alls who play judge, maybe if I was a 12yo...
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    And knowing how prevalent diabetes is your recommendation is not to worry about it?! Ok...
  • VMarkV
    Options
    And knowing how prevalent diabetes is your recommendation is not to worry about it?! Ok...

You really are ignorant, all substances are poisonous, what matters most is the quantity. I don't think you realize that villainizing carbohydrates as the sole cause of diabetes is a rather childish concept. Unfortunately, diabetes is much more complicated than you think, and fortunately, you are not in the healthcare industry to spread your ignorance.