Fertility issues, Lost wgt got preggers?

Options
Hello all,

My name is Samantha and I have had fertility issues for 3 years of trying now. I finally have a OB that is willing to work with me to find out why #1 it's so hard for me to lose wgt and #2 let's get me pregnant this year please. He found out I have high BP which runs in my family so since I've been on those meds for the last month I've lost 16 lbs :). At this moment I am focusing more on losing wgt and getting me healthy but I'm 32 and my clock is tickin so loud I feel like my heads going to explode.

I was hoping that others might have had the same experiance and can share some success stories on losing X amount of weight and having that baby you've been dreaming of.

Replies

• youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have not actively started trying to get pregnant yet, but I do have PCOS... which means the lower my weight, the more likely I'll be able to get pregnant some day, though it will probably be difficult.

If it turns out you have PCOS, here's a forum I read: http://www.soulcysters.net/

And here's specifially an area for fertility issues: http://www.soulcysters.net/forumdisplay.php/42-Infertility-and-Trying-to-Conceive?s=fe3f41e531588a04615b3aaea4c80b67

xoxoxo
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

If it turns out you have PCOS, here's a forum I read: http://www.soulcysters.net/

And here's specifially an area for fertility issues: http://www.soulcysters.net/forumdisplay.php/42-Infertility-and-Trying-to-Conceive?s=fe3f41e531588a04615b3aaea4c80b67

Thanks for the info. They've tested me for PCOS and so far I'm ok and don't have it. But my body because of being larger doesn't cycle on it's own so I have to take provera to do so each month. Looking forward to the day of normalsy!
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    I'm surprised there isn't more comments
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Last year I started my weight loss journey. We had been trying to get pregnant for a few years, suffering through one miscarriage. After I lost 33 lbs (nowhere even near the amount I had to lose overall) I got pregnant. A lot of people will say that there's no correlation between weight loss and fertility, but imo my weightloss greatly affected my ability to get pregnant. Good luck to you!
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    Last year I started my weight loss journey. We had been trying to get pregnant for a few years, suffering through one miscarriage. After I lost 33 lbs (nowhere even near the amount I had to lose overall) I got pregnant. A lot of people will say that there's no correlation between weight loss and fertility, but imo my weightloss greatly affected my ability to get pregnant. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your sharing. This makes me feel better. I had a miscarriage in Jan 2010 and it turned my whole body chemestry upside down. I'm 16 lbs down in a month. I'm hoping that when I lose 20-30 more it'll just happen. I'm not monitoring every symptom or step to try to get pregnant. I've decided if the good lord wants me to have a baby he will bless me with one. In the meantime I needed hope to keep losing weight and I'm sure it'll happen.
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Its going to happen for you sweetie, stay positive!!!

I'm 30 yrs old and just started my "investigation cycle" at a fertility clinic. Had a MC at 7 weeks just a year ago!

There are lots of factors when it comes to fertility...you're doing the right thing...keep on it!
  • Kittenann710
    Kittenann710 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had been married for 20 years and we had tried to conceive for the first 10 years of that, then we gave up. I went on low carb and went from 230 to 175. Then I was almost 40 years old and unexpectedly pregnant. I have always blamed the low carb way of eating:) I now have a perfect almost 8 year old beautiful little girl. I had been working out a lot so I was in pretty good shape for the labor. I wish you all the best, when the time is right it will happen.
  • GeekGirl23
    Options
    These stories are really encouraging! Thank you!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    After 3 years of trying to conceive after getting married, I finally got pregnant. I had PCOS so it makes it difficult to get pregnant. I lost weight about 30 pounds and got pregnant. My son is now 13 years old and has always been healthy. Now, here I am after gaining alot of weight back and more over the years. Then, I started MFP and lost 60 pounds, well surprise, surprise, I got pregnant, I am now 15 weeks pregnant and I have a 13 year old son!! But all is good, just wish I would of lost weight before and gotten pregnant a little bit closer in age for my son. Plus, I am now 36, so I had accepted I wouldn't have any more children. So your time will come, just start by being healthy and eating right and you will get pregnant. Good luck!