Replies

• El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    PROBLEMS....
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    be very careful if you engage in it. Also make sure you know what your company's HR policy's are on this subject. But after that be smart and mindful as one should be with any romantic relationship. :happy: :happy:
    On that not I meet my husband at work
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Don't date classmates, don't date coworkers. Freaking too much drama even for innocent bystanders.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I think like 50% workout...not sure about the rest
  • brandichula
    Options
    tried it for awhile and it just gets weird and awkward for everyone around/ involved!!!! especially if it doesnt work out :/
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would not go there. If they work in the same department...nope! Too much potential for drama, and I prefer to keep my personal business private and not the subject of gossip!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I met my husband at work. We're still working together. We're still married. Sometimes it sucks...but it's working.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    just wondering what everyone thinks about it :blushing:

I think every girlfriend I've ever had I met at work. Met my wife because we worked together. Just don't violate company rules, don't date somebody that works for you or that you work for. If you're going to break up, find another place to work.....
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I second the check your HR policies.

Can be messy, can be fun. I think it depends on how closely you work together and how much daily interaction there is. Do they work in another department or are they in the cube next door.
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at work we worked for different location same comany and we have been married for 14yrs
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nightmares await. I met my wife this way. :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are both parties participating in it single? Or are they my two friends that are both engaged to other people?
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Nightmares await. I met my wife this way. :)

That's funny
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I know a couple people that actually married from within the workplace but I personally don't want to chance it. Unless she's like ridiculously hot. I mean...come on....if I worked with Mila Kunis? No question. I'd purposely get fired for her.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Depends on if you are the drama rama type. Honestly though, if you work very close to each other could be messy if it didn't work out. If it's a big place and lots of distance, maybe. I'd take it slow and really get to know the person. Find out if that person turns into some whack job stalker when relationships don't work out. :laugh:

PS- tomorrow I might feel completely different.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've never had a huge issue with it. I definitely did not go looking for it at work, because yes, I can see it becoming a nightmare. My current boyfriend and I work together, but we actually only started talking at a party we were both invited to. Neither of us really wanted to make work complicated in that way, but we both felt that it was right. I think it's important to just think clearly and understand the consequences. Obviously if you're too touchy to handle being around your man/lady at work, probably not a good idea. It works just fine for me though, and to be honest, with my job- it's better to be with someone likeminded enough to actually work in the same industry :)
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    AVOID. You would already know all the stories about their day. HOW BORING!

but, you could carpool, save the environment and sacrifice your long term sanity.
  • vavera22
    vavera22 Posts: 16
    Options
    My boss and I fell in love a year ago.
    4 months after it all began he switched stores
    3 weeks ago some one called HR and he was fired with in a week,

HR is no joke, this economy is no joke, be careful.
    Love is amazing but nothing puts stress on a relationship worse than some one not having a job.
    and all those common gripes we had, are now me just griping about my job

tread lightly
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think it works for some, and doesn't for others.
  • Crisred
    Crisred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No fishing off the company pier!

Of course, most folks will end up trying it at one point or another. Everyone will live and learn.... or get married. I guess you have to decide if it's worth your livelihood or not.