Horse riders?

Options
How many horse riders do we have on MFP? What activity: Trail riding, Endurance, Dressage?

Replies

• desilou52879
    Options
    I do a lot of pleasure riding/trail riding! My horse is another kid to me! :)
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Neat, what breed is she/he?
  • desilou52879
    Options
    He is a 6 year old gelding paint quarter horse.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have a 23yr old gelding, appaloosa. I just pleasure ride, but he's old now, so we don't do alot these days. I'm in the market for a new horse too. I'm in New Zealand.
  • Naples6020
    Options
    I have rode and shown horses for 33 years. My best show horse was a CPO appy. He was a wonderul horse.
  • bharriscar
    Options
    Some great animals here. I like all breeds, especially Quarter Horses and Oldenburg. An Oldenburg won the Bronze at individual jumping today.
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me! I adopted a race horse. LOVE him! :)
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I haven't been riding the last few years mostly due to lack of time and money, but showed hunt seat over fences for years. I had a gelding app who was the greatest partner any rider could ever wish for. I miss him dealy every day of my life!!!!
  • bharriscar
    Options
    bump
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm a hunter/jumper but I don't have much opportunity while I was in college and now when I am working before medical school. When I make money that is my priority though! I also have become certified and worked as a therapeutic riding instructor.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I used to be a competitive hunter/jumper but now I just ride for fun when I can. I haven't in quite a while so I am sure I will be sore next time!
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    hunter jumper... :heart:
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    pleasure riding :)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Here :) Haven't ridden in almost a year though, due to school/lack of funds. Did hunters, but would love to do jumpers.The horse I rode/ride is a beautiful, silly, bay Appendix named Solo :love:
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I haven't ridden for the last year and a half due to lack to time. But I still have my horse at home. Actually got 3 there. Mine, my old one and my sisters. One 15.2hh chestnut thoroughbred, a 17hh black/brown thoroughbred and a flea-bitten 15 hh welsh x arab. I really want to get back into it, but the horses are now a bit too old, and my old one ( the chestnut) has cancer. :(
    My horse (the 17hh massive thing!) was a showjumper, and basically could not do much other stuff. Though I still did pony club on him but focused on jumping. I did some eventing on my old one before I moved on. I did pretty much everything though, and absolutely loved it!
  • bharriscar
    Options
    Well I'll admit my message topic was somewhat self serving. I own Montana Cincha company and was wondering what type of riders there were on mfp. I saw a few Endurance riders also. There's nothing like a horse lover : )
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    I had to sell my horses last year when I moved. I rode dressage and did trails with my Appys, Appy/Westfalan and Trakehner mares. Also bred and raised quite a few foals over the years. My 17hh Trakehner mare is the reason why my shoulder is so weak though as she threw me into a fence when she bolted.
  • bharriscar
    Options
    Long Haired dachshunds are great dogs, lots of attitude.
  • bharriscar
    Options
    Did anyone watch the Olympic jumping today?
  • sowonderfultonight
    Options
    PRESENT \o/ uhh...I dooo.....whatever my crazy *kitten* 18 year old appy gelding that I've been riding since I was 13 feels like doing....xD or what I can convince him to do, rather. We taught him to jump last year! Just...don't put anything with color or flowers in front of him xD He'll have a heart attack <3

For a visual, he /is/ the horse in my weight loss ticker thingie under my comment. I know, so gorgeous ;^; my baby <3