I keeps bouncing between the same pound. Suggestions?

Options
I'm eating ~1300-1400 healthy calories, do 35 min of cardio 4-5x a week and strength train. I definitely mix it up too.

It's really frustrating to go up and down and up and down for the last 3 weeks. Any suggestions?

Carbs are under 100 g as is, every third day I might take it to 130 to confuse my body but otherwise...I'm clueless.

How de-motivating.

Replies

• LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUmp?
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat, with slightly different numbers, and waiting with bated breath to see what advice anyone has!!
  • princess12370
    Options
    I am having similar issues! Due to yo-yo dieting and eating at a caloric deficit, I have not been able to lose weight no matter what I do!! I dont think I could possibly eat any better. Pretty clean, and low carb. I exercise 5 days a week doing mostly cardio, just started doing strength training, but I feel like Im just stuck. Oh and Increased my calories from 600 to 800 to about 1100 to 1200 a day.
    Im only 5'2 at 126 ish. I too am waiting for some magical advice!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary. Track your salt.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories? If you don't, start.
  • wboswell88
    Options
    ugh i feel your pain! i have been having the same problem!! hopefully just sticking it out will break this plateau :grumble:
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories if you aren't already.
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So you know .. anything lower there 1200 your body is clinging too! you can not get enough nutrients with 1200 or less! So FYI :D
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think everyone on here does this. I lose 1-2 and then for weeks either gain them back and then it takes another few weeks to move them, and then my total is maybe a loss of one pound. It continues to frustrate me to no end! BUT I just decided that it doesnt matter what the heXX that scale says I am not stopping, I will continue to log and continue to do my walks and workouts and just see where this goes. I am at 95 days today doing this and lost crazy inches and 21 pds. Clothes fit awesome, and had to buy new. I guess when I read different posts this is why so many diets fail, people watch the scale and not their amazing bodies transform, we all want it now and its just not going to happen that way. Slow and steady wins the race and it is especially true here.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    No one can give you good advice without seeing your diary, but I imagine that it could be that you are not eating enough fruits and vegetables, try eating foods that are less nutrient dense.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    same boat!
  • Icandothisl
    Options
    Two weeks ago I was at my plateau. I was eating balanced (40-30-30) with low glycemic carbs, and I was at the same weight for two weeks. I was doing two a days of at least 30 minutes a piece and eating a 1250 calorie intake. I was drinking my water and getting enough rest.

I put my body into energy-saving mode. I added 1/2 cup of oatmeal in the morning and cut back on the exercise for one week because my body needed a rest. I walked (not ran) 4 miles everyday and only did strength training twice that week. I know its wierd by not stressing my body out and giving it a little more food helped the weight come off.

I dropped 3.4 lbs. that week. I got this idea from:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/9-steps-to-eliminating-a-plateau.html

Good luck and let us know how you all do.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories if you aren't already.

This. When you consider what you're using with all that cardio, you're not eating enough.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more.