Just Starting - I Need Tips!

Options
Hi,
So, I'm completely new to this website and I've started eating "healthier," but my main question is: I'm completely lost on what diet plan to follow, what work outs to do and basically how to kick start my diet/work out plan. Any tips? I'm 22 years old, 5'7 and 184 lbs. My goal is to be back to my original weight of 140-145 and would like to see myself at that weight no longer than 6 months. Is that realistic? Any advice would be glorious! Thanks!

Replies

• FalseWall
    FalseWall Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It can be possible but you need to really stay focus. You need to workout at least 4 -5 times a day. I suggest following some of workout plans that work best for you, but they should at least involve some type of muscle training and also do cardio.

For your weight, Starting off i suggest you only eat up to 61 grams of Fats per day, 87 grams of carbs per day, and for protein about up to 100 grams per day.

Meal Frequency: You should follow one of these but look up and determine what type of body type you are:
    Mesomorphs - eat every 2.5 - 3.5 hours.
    Ectomorphs - eat every 2 - 3 hours.
    Endomorphs - eat every 3.5 - 5 hours.

Endomorph:

An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph:

A Mesomorph has a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it they should exercise and diet corretly for their type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.

Ectomorph:

Ectomorphs should concentrate on gaining weight in the form of good lean muscle tissue (some women that are too thin may also want to put on a little fat to look more feminine). Weight training should be done but not too often or for too long each session. Weight should be fairly heavy and workout pace slower (longer rest periods between sets). Diet should be high in calories (good quality food not junk) and you should eat more then you're used to and often. Aerobic and other activities (sports, dancing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum, at least until you are happy with your weight and looks.

I hope this helps to start you off....
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Falsewall, didn't you mean she needs to w/o 4 to 5 times a week?
  • FalseWall
    FalseWall Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL opps, yeah, i meant week.
  • jnxmonte
    Options
    hi falsawall would you happen to know how i can put in the workout for insanity so i can kno how many calories i burn??
  • itsbrittaniduh
    Options
    Thanks Falsewall!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    So, I'm completely new to this website and I've started eating "healthier," but my main question is: I'm completely lost on what diet plan to follow, what work outs to do and basically how to kick start my diet/work out plan. Any tips? I'm 22 years old, 5'7 and 184 lbs. My goal is to be back to my original weight of 140-145 and would like to see myself at that weight no longer than 6 months. Is that realistic? Any advice would be glorious! Thanks!

my advice is not to follow a diet plan. make sustainable changes to your diet.
    look at your diary where ycould you make it better? try to cut down on processed fats and sugars and salt and start making / choosing healtier options ( and no i don't mean the low fat option - IMO those are just as bad!) drink more
    eat fruit and vege as snacks try to add 1-2 vegetable portions to every meal. and just ry to make every day with 1 better choice.

diet is a miss used word and i don't know if you were meaning diet as in 'Atkins' 'Dukan' south beatch' etc but i haven't ever found a diet i could follow long term.

the word diet is from ancient Greek k. diaita, originally "way of life, regimen, dwelling.
    therefor IMO a diet should be a new way of life rather than an eating plan.

i don't know if my advice is useful to you but i wish you look on a new healthier way of life!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My advice would be not to take too much advice to heart. Everybody is different and has their own journey and rights and wrongs. What may work for them just may not work for you.

As with everything you'll get a lot of conflicting advice but just relax, see what fits and don't beat yourself up about it.

One thing I can say is the support on here is AMAZING so get some good friends behind you and you'll do great. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • mauilatina
    Options
    everything that i have read says that safe weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week.. good luck and if you have any tips for night shift workers that are too tired to exercise let me know! I try to at least do SOMEthing every day that I dont work but have only lost 2 lbs, another tip i would have is to not wait to enter your food, best to enter it as you go, seems that little nibble o things slip by and I end up forgetting to enter them or underestimating my eating habits. be honest with yourself and dont give up!!!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My advice would be not to take too much advice to heart. Everybody is different and has their own journey and rights and wrongs. What may work for them just may not work for you.

As with everything you'll get a lot of conflicting advice but just relax, see what fits and don't beat yourself up about it.

One thing I can say is the support on here is AMAZING so get some good friends behind you and you'll do great. Good Luck :flowerforyou:

this ^^!